Notices

I think I fubar'd my marraige.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh boy...

When the sh1tstorm hit... workplace intervention (we work together), rehab... she had no idea the extent of my dependency and the lying and secrecy... She had only one thing to say in her anger... "We are not doing this again".... She's one of those who doesn't say much in anger and when she does say something... well, she means it.

She's pissed at herself for missing a lot of clues... Pissed at me for the deceit... Pissed at the hoops I (and by extension...her) will have to jump through in my "voluntary" recovery program... the bills... and the changes in our relationship that my (our) recovery brings (although many are or will be positive, and she does know that). And she doesn't understand all the typing I do at my laptop...

We are married 25 years in September... The intervention at work was on our 24th wedding anniversary... We'll make it...

Oh, I see that this thread started a couple of weeks ago... Oh well, I needed that. So.... How'd that little vacation thing go???

Mark
Old 07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I found the crayon bit really funny too. I think that would have made me laugh if I had been in her shoes.
However, my partner and I went for a meal and we had a squabble. I had had one bite of my food, he told me to stop complaining and eat my tea. It made me feel like I was about six years old. So I left rather loudly and abruptly.
I think it takes time for us to get used to being with comfortable with others when they/us are in a different state/frame of mind.
I think it's natural for little niggles to happen and things to get blown out of all proportion.
Important thing though - did it make you turn to drink after it happened?If you did'nt thats the main thing.

JMHO