Notices

I "graduate" tomorrow night

Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
In mid 2003 I graduated an 10 week IOP that really went for 9 months...for me. Why? Because I'm a chronic relapser. Over the past years I have relapsed...chronically. Yet I never quit maintaining my involvement in addiction treatment. In these past 5 years I have gained some and lost some ground...and you know it has gotten better...over the long haul...over all. I hope you have better and better recovery experiences as you go along your addiction treatment journey.
Yeah, I can really relate. I've finished other rehabs and done ok, but this one was the hardest by far.

I am reading that book right now that Tiburon mentioned. I feel like a drink tonight, but reading that book is really giving me some insight into things (maybe that's why I feel like a drink! I see myself too much in the stories). It's tough to read (from an emotional standpoint), as I relate to so much of it. At the same time, just another tool in the old toolbox and I am going to really take some time and process it. I think it's super important to look at the "whys" and the "what's" going on inside when the urge to drink comes up. What do you think about this?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think looking at the 'whys' 'whats' and 'wherefores' - and especially the past consequences- of taking that drink has saved my bacon more than once Katie.

Any recovery tool that works is a good one IMO
Good for you.

D