Notices

I was wrong about my sobriety date

Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

I was wrong about my sobriety date

I told the husband last night that I'd made it 2 weeks... but it's been 3! whoa. Time has flown. It hasn't been easy especially with higher than usual workload and stress, and hubby is in one of his "gloom and doom" episodes. I can't help but be brought down at least somewhat when he goes all cranky and negative. In the past, I would have decided it was a great time to have a talk with Capt. Morgan. Tonight, I let him storm out, I continued folding laundry and an hour later when I finally decided I was worried about him I went outside to find him asleep in the van.

What caused the argument was a first-class example of "do 59 things right, and he will find the one you did wrong"... I was given a list of things he had wanted me to do for our business and when I woke up I hit the ground running. I didn't get everything on the list done but made good headway. Cleaned the house and did all the laundry too. What does he decide to get really pissed about? A page on our website that one of our fans (stalker, actually, sort of) pointed out. This was like 2 weeks ago and I'd just forgotten. It just felt so unfair that he couldn't see that I got so much more done than he did today so he found something I missed that was totally unrelated.

The weekend was rough; lots of people having lots of fun drinking lots of drinks. I have enough diet coke in my system to keep me floating for 3 more days, but between me and God- we worked together pretty well this weekend.

God bless you all and may you have a happy sober day tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great news, keep going with your sobriety.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Congratulations on your three weeks!
Stay in recovery and don't drink no matter what.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sunrise and Congrats on your 3 weeks! Hopefully, your hubby made a big deal of it! I have to say that I need to remind mine, that just because I don't say "another day, check" doesn't mean that I don't want his kudos for my efforts (I know, I'm a codie as well . But seriously, if someone is down, they often want others to feel the same. AND, again with my own husband, he will point out the 1 out of 60 things I didn't do. I guess I am trying to rely on myself to be my cheering section. If I can be proud of myself and recognize my accomplishments, that should be enough. VERY hard for this alkie to do, but I'm trying....so I'm with you on this
Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three weeks sober. Sorry your hubby is being so pissy about things, but keep on keepin' on and let that sh!t roll off you like water off a duck's back. We are not responsible for the actions of others, so just keep on staying sober, one day at a time, and doing the best you can.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

swanky gig, internet access tonight... hubby is still the ultimate bear but I will not drink today.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congrats on your sober time! Stick close to SR.