Notices

It was so nice

Old 06-13-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It was so nice

It's day 13. This morning, I was up before 8, drank my coffee, ate my bagel, and went to get my hair cut. All before noon. Usually, on a Sat. morning I would be too hungover to even get out of bed before noon. Now we're about to go have lunch and I later I'm catching a meeting. Anyway, just wanted to share.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

YAY Good for you. Funny all our time went into drinking, the hangover & how to get and hide it. Many hours in the day. Sobriety Rocks.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go! Thirteen days is a great start. Everything is so nice for me sober now I just love not drinking now. Oh and it finally happened, I got pulled over for speeding recently. No panic attack, just pulled over and thought that I would be taking drivers ed but instead of a ticket the officer just said "Have a nice evening sir". So nice to be sober!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats so great.
The little things.....they seem alot bigger, alot more important now, don't they?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

I think we´ve been through such an impossible hell, that now that we are living an out of it:
all these little things become so marvelous on their own and life returns with each tiny wonderful bit.

Glad that you are enjoying yourself. Happiness presents itself once again!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh and it finally happened, I got pulled over for speeding recently. No panic attack, just pulled over and thought that I would be taking drivers ed but instead of a ticket the officer just said "Have a nice evening sir". So nice to be sober!!!
The other day, I sped past a cop on the interstate, and I remember thinking, "ah well, it's just a speeding ticket". I know exactly what you mean about the panic attack. I've been tailed by a state trooper before, and I was sure I would get pulled over and go to jail( I was drunk, and I had just got a DWI a few months prior.) "luckily", he went on his way. Sooo nice not to worry like that.

Last edited by littlebluedog; 06-13-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: sp
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And don't forget about all the money you've saved the past 13 days.....Keep up the good work.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hello lbd! its great to hear you starting to appreciate the little things,,like your morning coffee,etc.my treat is pushing the boat out and having a coffee late on a friday night cos its not a "school night" ooohhhhhh,living dangerous,,lol,,i love it! btw,,thanks for your share,,i like to hear these wee appreciations!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus....good to see you sharing
Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ufe

So true!!!

I remember the week I stopped I got more done than in the year beforehand drinking!