Notices

Tragedy from a friend

Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Tragedy from a friend

First off, I'm fine.

I have a musician friend who was basically playing at someone's celebration, and during the party the birthday guy and another man died. Details are really unimportant... but what happened was this great celebration turned into the usual media circus, grief, horror, shock, disbelief... My friend is absolutely torn up as he was friends with the party hosts and now they are both just gone, in the midst of what was to be a happy day for all. And- I, although we are not blood related, absolutely feel like my friend is my own flesh-and-blood brother, am SO down just trying to imagine the feelings he must be going through.

Another time? I might just set out to get loaded later tonight after gigs and responsibilities were finished. Hell, I could use one now. I forgot what unmedicated mental pain felt like, but WHAT a reminder.

Later tonight after our scheduled gig, we are stopping by a hospital to visit a friend who only recently was diagnosed with cancer. Surgery was midweek last week and apparently the news was not good and it's spread. Her son has us coming in to cheer her up and play a few tunes.

It's going to be a long, rough day... hubby will be with me the whole time, and I'm taking my ativan and phone numbers with me.

Hug those you love, by the way.

s
Old 06-07-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers coming your way....
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
where the light is

I'm glad you are okay.

Sorry for your loss and I will hug my kids tonight.

My prayers.