Notices

I'm hungover

Old 05-25-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you should get sober.

Originally Posted by DrunkenGirl View Post
No. I didn't work anything when I was sober. This will be hard because I don't really have much faith in anything but myself.
I had five years sober that way, and I can relate to your lack of faith (although I have only slightly more faith in myself than I do in a higher power).

So I'm kind of right there with you: wise enough to know that I need to quit, sure that some sort of structured program would help, but as-yet unable to find one that makes sense to me, personally.

Good luck to you. No more hangovers!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

thanks for your post and honesty

I can completely relate....I am in a spot where I need to get recommitted to my program.
I also had years of sobriety, working the program, doing the steps, sponsored and sponsering.....but now i have been in relapse phase of drinking a couple times, then 3 months sober, drinking a couple times, 4 months, 1 month.....you get it.
I am having a hard time believing in myself right now and believing that I can achieve long term sobriety.
Anyway, it was just nice to read your post and know I am not the only one, I am headed to a meeting myself.
one day at a time, right?
Chris
Old 05-27-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkenGirl View Post
Of course my son isn't awake yet - maybe something happened there. I don't think so. He's grown but it must be tons of fun to have your mom wondering around the house half in the bag and blacked out.

I really suck, now don't I?

No need to beat yourself up. I think we've all done enough of that up to this point.

I could tell when my mom was in a blackout and even when she snapped out of it. It was nothing unusual at the time. It was just the way it was. There was one time where my mom's drunkeness really affected me. She took me to my teacher parent conference my first year of school in Colorado and when we arrived, I was all excited because I was getting As and Bs and was all proud... then as we got out of the car, I noticed she was completely bombed! I said, "Are you drunk? Why in the hell are you drunk... now!?" So I was so mad, I said we're going in anyway! We walked in and I saw my music teacher right away. Mrs. Duel! She's so cool, she understood and took my mom off my hands while I went and saw all my teachers.

So you never really know what "harm" you cause till your head clears a bit. If you want to do the A.A. thing, there's plenty of oppurtunity to clean things up and get free of all the torcher.

But first thing's first. Hope you can get sobered up and stay that way, however you do it.

Go well.