Notices

80 days strong this morning!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

80 days strong this morning!

This morning is 80 days sober for me Seems like around the 60 day mark things really started getting a lot better. The first month or so I had all sorts of trouble sleeping (would lay awake for hours at night and sleep till noon the next day) and just didn't feel "right" in my thinking most the time. Now for the past month I'm sleeping extremely well and normally am out like a light withing about 10 mins of going to bed, am up by 7am each day, and my head and outlook on life are as clear as they have been in a couple years now.

As a bonus to trying to take care of myself better I've also managed to change my eating habits and started going for walks every day and managed to drop about 17lbs in the past month.

My next thing I want to take care of is quitting smoking, but I think I will wait till a bit later in my sobriety to try to tackle that, don't want to take on too much all at once and jeperdize all I've worked for so far.

SR is my main source of recovery so I want to say thanks to everyone that posts and shares here, it's been a huge help.

Steve
Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on you and congrats on 80 days. Like you SR is also my main source of recovery. I have done 60 days twice in the past year, but something happens to me at that 60 day'ish mark (I let myself down!!!)
and I broke my sobriety, but I am back on track again and am more determined than ever to beat the 60 day thing and make it a forever thing. It's people like you who give me the strength and foresight to get on with it.!! Thanks.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations ...Way To Go

Steve and Julesy
Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations to both of you.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Congrats to you both
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

80 days

congratulations steve, you are doing so well, im on day 87 now and cant believe i have got this far, it really does get better doesnt it! thankfully my cravings went away after two months, which is wonderful because living with the cravings on a daily basis was hell, and at times i felt it would be easier to drink, thankfully i didnt though, i can really relate to the not sleeping in the first month, i went through that myself, it was so frustrating, because even when i was exhausted i still could not sleep! that eventually passed and today i feel great, i am positive and full of hope, i wish you well x