Notices

I managed to screw up my recovery again

Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Originally Posted by Iamlucy View Post
I know that all of you are right, this kind of stuff goes thru my head all the time. The truth is that I know addiction more than I know normal. I just put myself on the list for a 28 day treatment program.

Its just really sad that this is what my life has become and I need to quit rashionallizing my behavior and just do it.

I have to go and pick my dog up from the groomer; thank you everyone for your input and support.

I really cannot believe I relapsed like this again.
Boy can I relate to this!!
I think that a lot of us can.
I have been sober less than 11 months and I do things almost every day still, that I have never done, eaten, seen, etc., sober. I have to relearn EVERYTHING. It is a trip, I tell you! But I am happier and more at peace, today, than I have ever been.
The journey is so worth it. So are you!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Dear Lucy..

I hope you check in here and let us know how you are today...even if it's just to

talk with us.

Hugs.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just wanted to check in

Thank You everyone for your support!! I'm just trying to maintian right now until I can safely detox. I really don't know what to do except I have another appointment coming up for another rehab which I sadly planned because I had a feeling that I would do wrong.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Go to the rehab anyway hun. We're all rootin' for you to go and get this started. Don't find any reasons not to go ok? Nudge nudge.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lucy I just want to point out that nowadays people go chronic alcoholic a lot faster than they used to. Young people like you are reaching a point in 10 years that it took me 30 years to reach. I just about fall off my 'puter chair reading how you have gotten to the point you are at, at such a young age.
Well, that's the bad news.
The good news is that organizations like AA are aware of that. Please give AA a try. There are special meetings for young people so you don't have to end up in a room with old farts like me. Or, try something else. In the US there are lots of alternatives to AA.
Please, just TRY something!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone

Sometimes its so strange to share so much personal information here but I really appreciate everyone's input. I would have responded sooner but my internet keeps going in and out and I'm not feeling the best lately.

This is a really truly great site and I wish the best to everyone on here, I am going to try to detox again and I really hope that when I go or if I do it at home this will be the last time

I just really appreciate everyones support.

Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Going back to de tox is a good plan

All my best as you start fresh
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Please just do what is the best thing. If you are able to go to rehab then do it. Don't look back and don't fear the future. Just get into rehab and do the work.

I know it's strange to share things about your life here. But remember that lots of us are just like you and that makes us as one. We rely on each other for support and love. So do not stop coming here. You want to get better? Then you need commitment and you need the help from those who've been where you are. You provide the commitment and we'll provide the support. But you gotta keep coming back to keep us updated.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Lucy, you are going to have to something.
Like the others, l think detox is a good idea.
Just imagine walking out off there without a monkey on your shoulder.
Don't think you can go on like his much longer without getting into some serious trouble
Courage !

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson
Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
Maybe I'm just a lost soul meant to die as an alchoholic.

That would be your choice. That may be a little harsh, but it's true. And no more harsher than dying from the disease, slowly or quickly.
Totally agree with this. Entering recovery is a decision. We have to decide whether we love our DOC choice more than we want to be sober. Then we have to decide whether we are willing to do what we have to do to change our behavior.

You sound like you have ambivalent feelings about quitting. Recovery is easy when you are really sick and tired of being a drunk or junkie -- if you've had enough, quitting is easy. If you still like using, or you're still chasing the good feelings in it, it's a much harder choice.

If you want to quit, you need to make the decision to quit with a whole heart. You have to let go of the idea that drinking or drugging is a good thing for you, or fun, or a way to relieve pain, or has any power to bring something good to your life.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Quiting is not really easy

At least for me its not.....if I could have done it I wouldn't even be here. I'm still holding on.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy, I can relate with what you are saying, remember that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, everything is just for today.
When I first started this journey, got one piece of hard, harsh, very Scottish, advice that made me angrier that anything else I heard (because, for me, it was true of course). I had to stop saying 'poor me' and feeling sorry for myself, and that stuck in my craw I can tell you! but only once I had quit that could I start to change.

I wish you the very best Lucy.

Be well, all.

Lynx.