Notices

dizziness - PAWS?

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dizziness - PAWS?

i've been spending the greater part of each day feeling vaguely dizzy - it comes and goes, but i'm dizzy more often than i'm not. it's not so bad that i have any nausea or balance problems, but it's constant, and sort of distressing. i get anxious about it sometimes, which i'm sure makes it worse, but even when i'm fairly relaxed it tends to still be there.

i have some previously prescribed xanax lying around my apt, and i read that small doses of it might help, so i think i'll give that a shot tomorrow. but does anyone else get this? i'd feel better about if i knew it was a normal part of recovery. i'm about four weeks in.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
maklay

I can't confirm your situation, but I can share my experience.

I fought PAWS for nearly 2 months. I had the same symtoms as you except mine at one time was bad enough for the horrible nausea etc. Xanax did work in my case. It lessened the troubles with the anxiety, dizziness, and nausea. Just use caution not to get hooked on them as well. It would be ashame to break free of one addiction to replace it with another. Good luck...
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hodori View Post
i've been spending the greater part of each day feeling vaguely dizzy - it comes and goes, but i'm dizzy more often than i'm not. it's not so bad that i have any nausea or balance problems, but it's constant, and sort of distressing. i get anxious about it sometimes, which i'm sure makes it worse, but even when i'm fairly relaxed it tends to still be there.

i have some previously prescribed xanax lying around my apt, and i read that small doses of it might help, so i think i'll give that a shot tomorrow. but does anyone else get this? i'd feel better about if i knew it was a normal part of recovery. i'm about four weeks in.
welcome!!!

I can't say myself, and when troubled by things like that I generally go and see a Doctor.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks guys. oh, i'd go to the doctor, but i likely won't be able to make it for a few weeks, for various reasons. and hopefully by then this will have lifted. most of my other symptoms have.

gmaklay, thanks a lot, that makes me feel a lot better. i'm going to take a xanax after lunch to see how i feel, and if it works out i'll probably just take it this once and leave it at that. the dizziness isn't THAT bad and, like you said, i don't get want to get hooked on the xanax.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

took a xanax yesterday and was symptom free all day yesterday and for most of the day today. that does a lot to relieve my anxiety over the whole thing.

gmaklay, you said you struggled with paws for two months - am i to gather from that that you're over it now? or at least with the dizziness? or do you still get it?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
maklay

It's pretty much a thing of the past unless I hit the caffine real hard I can feel a little discomfort for a couple of hours.

Life is good now...

Hang in there
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

k, good to know. thanks.