Notices

Tex is a free man!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Congrats, Tex!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't blow high anymore, but this was back in early October. I actually made a cop friend down the street and he does me some favors. I've blown on his machine and I'm fine now. I still need to lose weight though.

How it was explained to me by my doctor: alcohol, like any sugar gets stored in your fat cells and exits your body slowly. Especially if you are a fat guy. If you get stressed or vomit that stored alcohol can show up in a breath test. It's only temporary and it will not show up on a blood test. I can't pass a field sobriety sober so I always refuse those, usually the breathalyzer takes care of it (I've been pulled over and breathalyzed a lot). This time it didn't and I had to go to a blood test. I still spent a day in jail and still had to hire a lawyer, but it all worked out in the end. Don't get me started on how much money I wasted on all this. Basically, every penny I had saved went to Mr. Lawyer. But he did his job and did it well, so I can't be mad.

I would recommend getting a really cheap home breathalyzer and analyze how you're blowing over time. If you haven't been drinking at all, yet you're still blowing high; then get out there and run or do some jumping jacks or something. The doc told me our bodies can store alcohol for about 6 months. That might explain PAWS too.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats on proving the wacky system was wrong. As for your "friends" being p***ed off at you "getting away with it", what a load of backstabbing cretins they must be. Like a couple of people at my new unit complex who are shirty at me getting my unit. They told me I was lucky to get it and have told others that my abf (he has unit in next door complex) had pulled strings for me, as I was only on the housing list for 4 weeks. I just let them quack, if that is what they need to do to be happy. What a pathetic life these folks must have, to be so damned miserable and joyless.

All the best Tex and God bless
Old 03-13-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So happy for you Texas! You see, when you get clean, and stay clean, miracles happen. When you live your life right, good things happen to you.