Notices

1000 Days!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

Smile 1000 Days!

I just looked at my Palm Pilot to see what appointments and reminders are on my calendar for today - March 8, 2009, and I saw an entry that said "1000 Days!!!!" It took me a minute to even realize what that meant. Sometime in the past couple of years someone on here had started a post about 500 days, 1000 days, etc, and I thought "Wow, how neat!" I found a date calculator and plugged in my sobriety date and had it calculate 1000 days from that date, then I placed that entry into my Palm Pilot and forgot all about it. I tried to find that post tonight but couldn't find it. I guess the forum search doesn't go back that far.

I want to thank all of you old timers for all the help you provided in my early days back in the summer of 2006, and I want to offer hope to those of you still struggling with alcoholism that it really is possible to quit drinking and reach the point where you don't even really think about it any more. What a wonderful feeling! Back in 2006, I worried that the obsession would never leave and would plague me for the rest of my life. I thank God and this forum for lifting that obsession from me (and later from my husband who has now been sober for 16 months.) Life is so much better for our entire family. For those of you who are still struggling, keep working on your sobriety at all costs. It truly is worth it to reach this state and have so much peace and tranquility.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow that is amazing! Congratulations on your thousand days! Wow!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spectacular! Well accomplished mate.

Originally Posted by DKS View Post
I want to offer hope to those of you still struggling with alcoholism that it really is possible to quit drinking and reach the point where you don't even really think about it any more. What a wonderful feeling! Back in 2006, I worried that the obsession would never leave and would plague me for the rest of my life. ... It truly is worth it to reach this state and have so much peace and tranquility.
And thanks for showing us what lies ahead.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Always good to see you....Congratulations!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congratulations!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome! Truly.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

spifftacular!!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
6/20/08

What an inspirational post. Congratulations to you and your husband. Awesome!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Congratulations on 1,000 days! I may have been one of the people you were referring to who posted on 1,000 days, I did on April 20, 2008.

Your so right, Recovery is worth fighting for. Isn't it incredible to be able to face anything and everything that life throws at us and not turn to alcohol? I'm so glad to hear that your Husband soon followed and you both are doing so well.

Miracles do happen, don't they? God Bless your entire family today and everyday that you share together in this wonderful life in Recovery!

Judy
Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DKS
Glad to be here

Thanks Judy! That probably was you - April 2008 sounds about right. Yes, miracles do occur. I never thought my DH and I would ever be able to get sober and stay sober, and it was really hard for me when he continued to drink after I quit (and there were many times over the years that he tried to quit when I wasn't ready, so my continuing to drink around him didn't help matters either.) I'm thanking God for both of us finally being able to enjoy sober living. We used to fight and yell and cuss each other out all the time and our home was in constant turmoil. It's so much nicer now that we can get along with each other so well and we've restored a loving peaceful home. The kids are all grateful too. Take care!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Wtg!!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Congratulations to you and to your husband.