Notices

Hmmmm

Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hmmmm

I have noticed that alot of us suffer panic attacks, strange but alcohol only made them worse, i drank to avoid them but yet only increased them ....
Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

The panic attacks occured in me only as a result of the mess i'd get myself in from my drinking
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

same here sink I have been off all of the drugs and drinking I have hospital stays from the panic attacks!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
maklay

I had mild anxiety before drinking. Wasn't really a big problem, I didn't even realize I had it. Drinking turned something that was just a bit of a worrying problem, into a bear of a problem. I'm talkin lock yourself in the house and not to have to talk to anyone problem.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had bad anxiety, before I started drinking properly; because of drug abuse.

Panic attacks and paranoia, so I hit the drink hard they ended making the panic attacks even worse after drinking for years. They got rid of it initially but in the end made them miles worse.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

There's something called alcohol induced anxiety. I had trouble with it too. Got so bad at a few points where I couldn't even leave the house, could hardly function at all.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I had horrible anxiety/panic attacks. Mostly with speaking in front of others. Probably happened once a month or so?

Since I have quit drinking, I have not had ONE attack, not one. Not one!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My anxiety has gone thru the roof since I stopped drinking. Can hardly sit still cause it's so bad. Feel like I'm spinning my tires but not going anywhere. Am on anti anxiety meds but not helping anymore. I know drinking wont' help but am desperate to just 'settle down' a bit.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi,

I don't want to invade your board. I usually post in Freinds and Family (exbf is an A). I have always had high anxiety but it was never diagnosed. I channeled it in positive ways (including trying to stop him from drinking--not so positive). But, with the MAJOR drinking incidents and our break up, I started having debilitating panic attacks throughout the day almost every day. Now, I take medication for them. Never had one before until I was "dealing" subjecting myself to his chaotic messes. Part of the anxiety for me was the unknown aspect. I never knew what would be happening from one day to the next. I have never lived that way before and cannot again.