Notices

What was your scariest drunk?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome AKDave. There are a few other Alaskans on here too. I'm out in the Valley. It is nice to "see" you here.

Keep coming back.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

It was very scary...insane in fact. It involved a kidnapping for an extortion plot for dope and money. All went along as planed until a gun battle erupted. Someone one in our crew snapped and started shooting. People were hurt...the whole thing flew apart in a matter of seconds. I scrambled out through the gun battle...defending myself the best I could. I dropped two clips into the fight...I've been on two more dope heist since then... all well before I began my clean-up some dozen years ago.

At the time is was a way to come up in the dealing world. I farmed leads, gained confidence then moved in with the crew. Being numb on drink and drugs put me in the position of sinister deviation to set up scores.

I try to tell others that it can get real bad in active use. Here in my local town the murder rate is off the wall. So far in the past two years I have known 5 ole acquaintances that have been gunned down. And for what? A few bucks in scratch or crumbs.
Lightweight addiction devoid of the professional criminal gangsters is trouble enough...mix in the bangars with your deal and people die faster than a hotshot hootenanny in a lowdown Motel.

Last edited by Zencat; 03-22-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

There are lots, obviously...but one of my worst definitely has to be waking up in jail. I was still drunk, but had NO IDEA how I had gotten there, or what happened. I had a vague memory of being arrested for a DUI, but honestly did not know. This was during the week, so I was immediately concerned about calling into work. Luckily my roommate took care of this for me. But eventually getting bailed out of jail...learning that I had stripped down NAKED while being booked, just being completely uncooperative, had wrecked my car...

I eventually learned that I drove off the side of the road...the cop found me just sitting in the median. I was beyond drunk and had blacked out...I thank God I didn't hurt anyone or myself...

Ugh, it's so scary how taking that 1st drink leads to something so out of control and unnecessary.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

realizing that i had killed someone
Old 03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

jaggede,
Welcome :ghug
I am sorry for your pain.
Please stick around, read, post, make yourself at home!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So many scary moments,
once being "given as payment" for drugs aka raped.
driving home closing 1 eye to help me see better while my toddler daughter was in the car
waking up in bed with strangers
getting arrest for PI
Jumping out of a moving vehicle 50 miles from home late at night cause my date was drunk and being abusive and running until I found help
Blackouts
many more
but the scariest was the last -waking up in my home (I live alone) not knowing where I was or what day it was, calling 911 and then spending a week in the hospital because I had overdosed on alcohol and sleeping pills and prescription pain killers which resulted in burning a hole in my liver and then having to call my daughter and tell her what I did. To this day, 18 months later, I still don't remember anything from the day I took the overdose, I did not know I was suicidal. Alcohol scares the h*ll out of me now, I won't even eat food that is cooked in a "wine sauce". I never again want to risk not knowing what I am doing.

J
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I was "date" raped once and possibly another time after drinking very heavily. Needless to say, I prefer drinking alone now.