SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Just for today............I will (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/169838-just-today-i-will.html)

nelco 02-20-2009 03:19 AM

Just for today............I will

:ghug3 Lets all do something "just for today"

Im going to try do somthing nice for someone without getting caught out.

Can you try something and share it?? Just for today ??

ElChupacabra 02-20-2009 03:27 AM

Have a drink.

No, but you can't believe how many times I've said that to myself already today.

bugsworth 02-20-2009 03:35 AM

You ok Elchupacabra? What is going on?

Nice post nelco...I am a big believer in a pay it forward kinda life. Fortunately I work in an industry that allows me to be proactive in this regard.

CarolD 02-20-2009 03:45 AM

Some years ago there was a "fad" of sorts around
the U.S. It was called
"Random Acts of Kindnesses"

You were to do a kind act daily
without expecting anything in return.

Certainly...I'll be pleased to join in again....:yup:

nelco 02-20-2009 03:57 AM

Elchupacabra, I was hoping to get myself and anyone that cares to join in, to think outside of ourselves....just for today ! AWW come on give it a go ...it just might help you. Hope today gets better for you.

SelfSeeking 02-20-2009 04:04 AM

Today I will show respect for others' time by being on time, myself... no walking in late to appointments or the AA meeting. I can do it just for today :)

I don't know if that's the spirit of the thread, nelco, but I have been feeling guilty about inconveniencing people with my chronic lateness and that's what popped into my head when I read your OP :)

TryingSoHard 02-20-2009 12:29 PM

Today I saw a dog running loose in my neighborhood that had very obviously "broken free" - he was still trailing the yard stake behind him! I had no idea whose dog it was and was skeptical about just approaching an unfamiliar dog but felt badly for just letting him continue to roam free. I know I'd be HEARTBROKEN if one of my dogs got out. I then remembered that there's one house near the front of the subdivision that always has 2 dogs outside on yard stakes. I drove up there and, sure enough, there was only 1 dog in the yard. I knocked on the door and asked the lady if she has 2 dogs that she usually keeps out back, and when she said yes I said well I think I just saw one of them running down by my house.

Turns out she works from home and was on a call and couldn't leave, so she told me the dog's name and I went back down the street, got him, and brought him home. Spike is now safe and sound back home with his family. :)

jowinbo 02-20-2009 01:04 PM

gee that was so very kind of you to do that! you ARE a sweet, compassionate person!!!! may we all talk a lesson from this!!

:ghug2

aasharon90 02-20-2009 02:15 PM

Today I went to Wally World...Walmart
and gave a cashier a hug and showed
my new tattoo. Then put red satin sheets
on our bed for my husband and I to
enjoy together.