Notices

what shall i do

Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what shall i do

i really want a drink , the demon is pestering really hard, i have only just started attending AA, i have numbers but no-one is available, i keep praying but im close to heading out of the door and we all know what i'll be bringing back home with me if i do. im keep trying to believe a higher power will restore me to sanity but ive spent years believing this addiction was a punishment from god in the first place,
Old 02-03-2009, 03:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Juli,

So, there's no one to call at this time? Do you know when someone will be available? It's good that you came here to post.

I don't believe addiction is punishment from god. It's a physical genetic thing, I think. What other recovery tools do you have just now? Can you write in a journal what you are feeling? Can you eat something sweet? Sugar can help with cravings.

Let me know how you're doing.

Love,

Lenina
Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Juli

I don't believe it's a punishment from God either.

I don't believe in a punishing God, but even if I did, I'd like to think God would find something a little more spectacular than giving me an insatiable appetite for alcohol.

Are there 24 hour AA hotlines, or other drug and alcohol crisis lines to call in the UK?
In any case, I hope you resisted the urge

D
Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope you made it through the night without drinking, and that if you did drink, you're not beating yourself up about it too badly or thinking that God is punishing you. I agree with Lenina--having a snack, especially a sweet one, helps get rid of the alcohol craving. Whenever I have a craving (usually after getting off work), I fix a snack of some of my favorite things--even a cup of hot chocolate helps--and that helps the blood sugar and the craving.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks guys, it was 11am in the U.K when i posted , its now 12.30 ish and im going to try the phones again, i guess people are at work and stuff, i also sometimes feel like im 'bothering' people sometimes,
Old 02-03-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

juli,

Keep trying to call the numbers of the AA's that were given to you. I can promise you are not bothering them. Do what you can to keep positive until you can talk to someone. Post here, read the forums, especially the stickies at the top of the forums.

Make some tea, hot chocolate or even a jam sammie to help with the cravings.

We are here for you.

Love,

Lenina
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's not 'bothering' Juli - that's the very reason they give out the numbers
Hope you get through

D
Old 02-03-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juliwuli View Post
thanks guys, it was 11am in the U.K when i posted , its now 12.30 ish and im going to try the phones again, i guess people are at work and stuff, i also sometimes feel like im 'bothering' people sometimes,
You are definitely not bothering AAs. Our responsibility is to be there for the alcoholic who still suffers. Please keep calling.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ever closer...

is there a 1-800 number? I'm just not sure about the UK phones? Hope you are still hanging in there. In my early sobriety ( I have 9+ months now) I had a list of things I could do instead of drink. The top of the list was sleep, take a bath/shower, go to SR, or eat! it worked for me one hour at a time for about 3 weeks. Everyday i would end up doing tons of things off my list!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope you made it thru that bad patch

Good to see you again