Notices

Why do I get sick to my stomach

Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Unhappy Why do I get sick to my stomach

when I drink anymore? I have not been on here in a while. I never did break the drinking habit. However, since I have last been on here I have been addicted to Lortabs on top of the drinking problem which in return made me slow way down on my drinking. Either way, they are both a dead end any way that you look at it other than just having another terrible addiction. I have recently given up the opiate and have gotten on the drug suboxone which helps like you would not believe with the opiate addiction. I am no longer taking the Lortabs. Here is the thing. I cannot hardly drink anymore. All as I have ever drank was beer but after about 3 if I drink anymore I feel sick to my stomach and will throw up if I try to drink much more than that. At this point I am not buzzed or drunk either, it has not been after a horrible drunk so I do not have a hangover either. It happens ever day that I try to drink even if I have gone all week without drinking and I try to start up again. I know that some people may consider this lucky but it isnt because it does not make me feel like not drinking. It makes me mad that I cant but also is probably for the best. Does this all make sense? My question is, why cant I drink very much anymore for no reason at all?:wtf2
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Also...

I have not taken the suboxone in a few days and I still feel sick when I drink so I do not think that is it.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Maybe your doctor can help you.

Or, here's a thought...why not accept it and stop drinking and drugging full stop?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
problem with authority

toward the end drinking just made me sick, but i was unable to stop. i needed to ask for help to stop.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Well, I really have had no choice. I have had to pretty much quit. I have prayed hard to quit this horrible malicious cycle and I have wondered if this is it. I have NEVER EVER felt like this. My father died of cirhossis. Nobody in my family has ever been able to quit until it has killed them and I seriously doubt if they felt the way that I do now and continued. You cant. You would not be able to keep it down to keep going.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
problem with authority

well, i hope you find your way to a healthier future. my dad died at age 50 of atrial fibrillation ("sudden cardiac death") as a result of drinking beer his entire life.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You might want to ask your doctor.
Hope you find your way into a healthy life..
Old 02-01-2009, 04:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A strong motivating factor for my abstinence this time around has been what the box or so of wine a week was doing to my gastrointestinal tract. In addition to frequent stomach pain, I was having bad diarrhea several times a day--and the explosive kind was unpredictable. I got tired of running to the bathroom and hoping I made it in time. There were other reasons for wanting to stop the drinking, of course, but my fear of ulcers and fear of the awful kind of tests they do to diagnose those sorts of things, has been a helpful motivating factor. I can tell you from personal experience that the stomach problems only get worse, not better, if you continue to drink. I've been abstinent 25 days now and my stomach feels sooooo much better. My entire body feels better, but especially my stomach!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Green... think maybe your body is telling you something?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ever closer...

your liver can only take so much and after a long history or high consumption your body will just reject the posion you are ingesting
Old 02-01-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
well, i hope you find your way to a healthier future. my dad died at age 50 of atrial fibrillation ("sudden cardiac death") as a result of drinking beer his entire life.
Mine was 39. That is probably the youngest that I have ver heard of but my mom divorced him way before that and I would not see himbecause I was afraid of him but I never knew that he was THAT bad.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

I agree with all of you and I think that my body IS telling me something. Trying to anyhow. I have never known a horrible even the worse alcoholic to have such stomach problems to where they could not drink anymore. Maybe we all need this. I am not saying this to be funny in any way but it is too bad that all alcholics could not get so sick that they could not stomach alchohol any longer. It would be a much sober society and easier at getting sober at that becauser I know how horribly hard that it is even when it makes you sick. I actually drank a few tonight and I am not buzzed or anything because I cannot get that far before feeling like I am going to get sick. Am I dumb for even trying? Yes I amand I wish the heck I would not have even tried. YUCK! Thank you all so very much for your help and guidance. It honestly does help a lot.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 11 but I went into the doctor right before or should I say the day I quit and he told me I had gastritis and my liver numbers were way high. Lortabs have tylenol or the equivalant in them and that is hard on the liver as well as the alcohol.

I was throwing up after like 2 or 3 beers too. It felt like it was just stuck in my stomach and had to come out. I went like that for about a week with it being steady before going to the doctor. Basically was told to quit or die. So I have decided the quit would be best. My dad died of chirrosis at 47 so I know I am a very high risk candidate.

Hope you're feeling better and find the strenght to quit ASAP. Have you been to the dr. lately for blood work?

:praying
Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wishing I could be good!

Originally Posted by wanttolive View Post
I'm only on day 11 but I went into the doctor right before or should I say the day I quit and he told me I had gastritis and my liver numbers were way high. Lortabs have tylenol or the equivalant in them and that is hard on the liver as well as the alcohol.

I was throwing up after like 2 or 3 beers too. It felt like it was just stuck in my stomach and had to come out. I went like that for about a week with it being steady before going to the doctor. Basically was told to quit or die. So I have decided the quit would be best. My dad died of chirrosis at 47 so I know I am a very high risk candidate.

Hope you're feeling better and find the strenght to quit ASAP. Have you been to the dr. lately for blood work?

:praying
This is scary!!! I never thought of anything this bad at this point. I mean, of course I know that my symptoms aren't good but I did not think about my liver being that bad yet. Oh how I feel for you. Honestly! I understand and you are doing the right thing. I need to also. I have not drank since Monday night. I still feel sick to my stomach but I think that it partially from meds that I am taking (not tabs). I have had blood work but it has been about 2 years. I am not sure if I want to again. Now I am scared to. What if they told me that it was too late..... I feel like crying.