Notices

Hi Everyone - I am back

Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Hi Everyone - I am back

I have started this a few times but I can't articulate what I would like to say. I have been doing a lot of reading and am happy to see so many people doing well from when I first posted about 2 years ago.

I am starting over and am 23 days sober today. It feels good to be sober again and off the path of intentional destruction I was on.

Sara
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good to have you back, great job on being sober!!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back! Drinking never gets any better. Stay on the path you'll be amazed where it can lead.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Thanks. I already am feeling so much better and the deep depression I was in was definitely being fueled by my alcohol use. In the last 23 days I have not spent one night crying in an empty bathtub considering suicide. I was so (I don't even know what the word that would be appropriate) that I cut myself long and deep enough to require 19 stitches. I was never a cutter before I drank and only did it when I drank.

I hid my drinking from everyone and my husband was the only one that knew. I came clean with my family members and they definitely did a "huh." I never drank in public, only at home alone. They basically just thought I was getting pretty chubby (60 pounds worth already down 12 pounds I guess that is a side-effect of not consuming 4k calories in alcohol a day).
Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back...
Old 01-21-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Welcome back, Sara. Congrat's on 23 days!

DK
Old 01-21-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Sara.

Suicide is very serious business. I too contemplated suicide. The plan was to shoot myself. There were other issues not related to alcohol that drove me to that end. I sought help and got it from family, faith and MH professionals. I hope you have a good support system to help you deal with your depression.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Welcome back Sara.

Suicide is very serious business. I too contemplated suicide. The plan was to shoot myself. There were other issues not related to alcohol that drove me to that end. I sought help and got it from family, faith and MH professionals. I hope you have a good support system to help you deal with your depression.
My family is extremely supportive and I am starting to deal with the issues that made me drink again. My Uncle committed suicide 7 weeks ago and it was a big eye-opener on the affect it had on everyone.

I am glad to hear you are doing better, Ken.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Congratulations, Sara, i hope you find the encouragement and support here to continue your success.

Padraic