Notices

Sorry I'm Late.....

Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
maklay

Sorry I'm Late.....

Here I am... I've been reading this forum over the last year or so, but it's official I belong here.

It's been 2 weeks, I don't have the desire for a drink at all. I'm a binge drinker. Once a day or so passes I don't care to have one. However, this is my 6th withdrawal in the last 2 years and as you all know they get worse each time. This one is the longest I've had. Last drink was Jan 2, I decided to put it down for the new year. Withdrawals were not too bad until about a week in to it then it was on like Donkey Kong. The list is everything but DT's, anxiety, panic attacks (which spike the BP) it's 145/95 as we speak. I hope it doesn't last too much longer. I'm ready to enjoy life again. Denial has been my worst enemy. Me and my family continued to blame it on a Gallbladder problem, well they took it out in November. I drank for about a week and a half of the holidays, and found out that it was not the gall bladder, you body is dependent on the alcohol.

Let's hope the creepy crawling out my skin goes away pretty quick as it has in the past. I'm ready to play with my kids again!

Maklay
Old 01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome - I'm glad you decided to join us. Have you talked to your doctor about your drinking, and your withdrawal symptoms? A physical checkup sounds like it may be in order. Do you have a recovery plan or support group? What happens when you DO crave a drink? Plan now!

I was a binge drinker, too. Could go different lengths of time without picking up, but I made up for lost time when I did. I stopped lots of times, but it seems it was only temporary, and I couldn't stay stopped.

I hope you stick around and give recovery all you've got. I love it!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
maklay

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Welcome - I'm glad you decided to join us. Have you talked to your doctor about your drinking, and your withdrawal symptoms? A physical checkup sounds like it may be in order. Do you have a recovery plan or support group? What happens when you DO crave a drink? Plan now!

I was a binge drinker, too. Could go different lengths of time without picking up, but I made up for lost time when I did. I stopped lots of times, but it seems it was only temporary, and I couldn't stay stopped.

I hope you stick around and give recovery all you've got. I love it!
Thanks for the reply. Yes my Dr. just happens to be my first cousins wife. She knows my situation and has been monitoring me over the phone. As I said she just took my gall bladder out in November so she knows all my bloodwork, EKG, pancreas, etc. is good. She finds it pretty impossible that I totally destroyed all that in a week in a half of drinking beer. She put me on a low dose Xanax for the panic attacks. I only take them when I see my BP go up over 140/90 range. Truth be know I usually wait as long as I can through out the day before taking it. I really don't need another addiction. I told her I don't want to replace it with something else, she told me she ain't worried about it cause she's the one with the prescription book.... save what you have cause it's all your getting

She put me on lexapro as well to help with the anxiety and panic. I have anxiety without alcohol. She figures it's time to address that as well. The only thing I don't like is I'm in withdrawals and dealing with the nasty side effect of the Lexapro... nausea, nausea, and more nausea
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you decided to share with us...

I too think seeing your doctor is a wise move.
Be both safe and sober.

Blessings to you and your family
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
maklay

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Glad you decided to share with us...

I too think seeing your doctor is a wise move.
Be both safe and sober.

Blessings to you and your family

I may swing by and have more blood work done Thurs. Just to make sure all it well. I will ask her for a stress test also. I've been a body builder most of my life and always stay in fair shape. My resting heart rate is high 40's Low 50's however I started joggin again last week to get back on the right track. I haven't worked out since my gall bladder in Nov. Right now I can't go a half a mile with out my rate climbing up to 160-170. It may just be that I'm that out of shape, but it doesn't hurt to check...