SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   can anyone sponsor me? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/166198-can-anyone-sponsor-me.html)

ericamay 01-09-2009 12:26 AM

can anyone sponsor me?

Hi everyone!! I have a question for you all. Is there any way I could get a sponsor through SR? I am not going to AA, maybe one day. And I would like to have someone to talk to more personally. Can anyone help?? Thank you all so much!

CarolD 01-09-2009 12:47 AM

Hmm...
In the AA program...a sponsor is a mentor...a guide
for working the AA Steps.

I'm not sure if that is what your asking

There are many SR members who use PM
for private sharing.

Please clarify Eric

ericamay 01-09-2009 12:51 AM

Thanks for responding! I guess I am just looking for a sponsor in the general definition of the word not limited to a program definition. Just someone that can check on me everyday and that I can call when I am struggling. That's all :)

CarolD 01-09-2009 12:57 AM

Ok...your looking for a recovery friend Eric...and
that's a good idea.

I suggest you take a look around at some of the
SR men who share things you find helpful
PM them and see where it might go.

That's what I would do Eric...and I hope it will
work out for you...:hug:

ericamay 01-09-2009 01:18 AM

Thank you so much!! But its actually erica, I'm a girl ;) I will look in the womans forum and I hope to find someone there! Thank you again! And any other posts or someone who feels up for the challenge feel free to post or PM me.

CarolD 01-09-2009 01:43 AM

Oops! I'm sorry Erica...but I'm pleased your taking action.
:hug:

tommyk 01-09-2009 05:15 AM

I am not going to AA, maybe one day.

When that days comes, when you are truly ready to reach out and enter uncomfortable territory for your sobriety, I think you'll find what you seek.

Best wishes in your endeavor. Keep coming back. ;)

tellus 01-09-2009 07:50 AM

Hey Erica. :hug: When I first joined SR I tried to get a sponsor on here as well. None of the AAers wanted to do it, I think because it defeats the spirit of the program. I finally went out and got a f2f sponsor, which worked well for a few months. The program didn't work for me, but it's a lifesaver for so many people. Give it a shot! It can't hurt. There are other f2f programs too, SMART is the other big one.

If you're not up to that now, find one of the women on SR who you feel like you connect with. Chances are she'd be happy to chat with you over PM. Maybe not as a sponsor, but as a friend.

NoMoBeer 01-09-2009 08:31 AM

Hey, Erica -- if you are in AZ, where are you going to meetings? I know many great ladies in the program with just great sobriety, compassion and love. I can definitely help you get with one of them...

PM me and let me know...

NMB