Notices

Flashbacks from Black-outs

Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flashbacks from Black-outs

At some point during times that I have been sober, I will have continuous flash-backs of what I'm pretty sure are moments during a black-out that I've had in the recent past.

It's like recalling parts of a dream later in the day that you've forgotten when you woke up that morning.
Sometimes they only pop up a couple of times a week, but the past few days it's been non-stop and it's really starting to freak me out. The flash-backs are very similar to the intrusive thoughts I have from my OCD, and I'm starting to wonder if they're becoming related.

There is one in particular that will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. It came shortly after I had lost my wallet (and my favorite one so far) after accidentally dropping it on the street and I have this recurring image of a guy approaching me at a bar and asking me if I had lost my wallet and he went on to say that he recognized me from the photo on my ID that was inside. I don't know if that really happened one night while I was in a black-out at that bar or if it was a dream. Anyway, it's really freaky and frustrating.
Just one more reason that drinking can have such terrifying consequences.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

Black outs are a regular occurance to alcoholics, I remember my alkie telling me she didnt remember how she got home and she thought it was her ability to operate while wasted.

Its also a sign of alcoholism. I drink regularly but never blacked out.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I certainly had blackouts but so far I've not had any flashbacks from those times. That time is just GONE to me, and that is scarier than I can put into words. Blackouts are in my top two reasons for staying sober.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have found that the blackouts seem to have become worse. I sometimes even blackout after drinking only a six pack.

tib
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a vision come up that I don't know if it's a flashback or not. It is just a partial scene of a drunken episode that comes up from time to time. I don't know where it comes from either. It just shows up.
I wish I could bring the whole thing to consciousness because the event that is occuring indicates that I owe somebody a tremendous ammend.