Notices

Troubled Marine

Old 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Troubled Marine

Hey all unfortunately where im at its been difficult finding AA/NA meetings to attend so i happened to stumble across this site and well here I am...after 2 trips to iraq a diagnosis of PTSD and traumatic brain injury i fell into alcoholism and managed to lose 3 ranks in 1 year with alcohol related incidents Ive attended an in-patient program which didnt help along with numerous counselors/doctors/therapist etc..the only thing that has helped me so far is helping others in my situtation. I've only been sober 2 weeks but i feel the best ive felt in a long time, i honestly dont know why im writing this? maybe an affirmation of my sobriety? or loneliness? up on a soap box?even though we all arent here together physically reading everyones postings is comforting to me, im looking forward to becoming an active member of this group and contributing my thoughts and experiences to others. One day at a time!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Welcome! Glad you found us and congratulations on your 2 wks.
Talking and listening to fellow alcoholics has helped keep me sober to, that's why I just got home from another AA meeting. If meetings aren't readily available to you, please stick around here as much as you can.

I did boot in '87 at MCRD, had a choice at the time and I didn't want the Island in July if you know what I mean.
Thank you for your service to our Country. When you log a few more posts, you'll be able to send and receive private messages and I'll stay in touch.

Stay sober and Semper Fi
Old 01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, welcome! I, too, thank you for your service. Helping others helps ourselves for sure. So look around, maybe introduce yourself on the Newcomers Forum. You'll get a lot of feedback there as well. As Omega Man said, once you've had a few posts you can contact people privately, and they you. This a great site for support and learning.

Carry on, and my best wishes for your continued sobriety. Life is definitely better on the other side of the bottle.

Hugs,

Donna
Old 01-05-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm so glad you joined us....

Thank you so much for your service to our country.

My ex-Army son has been active with the MOPH
DAV-VFW and American Legion for years.
He also found "tune ups" for his PTSD helped.
You might find out what is open for you via the V.A.

"All gave some...some gave all"

Congratulations on your new sober life...
Old 01-05-2009, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

glad you are here,keep coming back
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Swdisco)))))

WELCOME to Sober Recovery!!!!!

Thank you for serving our country!!!!!!

Congratulations on your sobriety!!!!!!!!

i honestly dont know why im writing this? maybe an affirmation of my sobriety? or loneliness? up on a soap box?
I suspect because you already know that each of us on our own cannot do this alone. Because you know of AA and NA I suspect that you also already know, maybe still subconsciously, that it does help when we can share our ES&H with each, so.....................Welcome Aboard.

I am looking forward to be being able to communicate with you through the net.

I myself was not in the military in uniform, however, was married to the Air Force twice for a total of 28 years, lol. My first husband was AF intelligence and did 4 tours in Nam behind enemy lines, I do understand your PTSD.

I am glad you found us, and hope to see you posting often.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-05-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome SR is a great place to come and share experiences and make new friends:-)
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, and thank you for your service. Keep posting and let us know how you are.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. I am married to a person in the Coast Guard and spent 4.5 years in myself.

Keep coming back.