Notices

Goodbye and good luck

Old 08-01-2003, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodbye and good luck

While perusing the RR board I discovered that at least one of the powers that be do not want me frequenting this website. While this does not come as a shock to me I was a little disappointed to find it at the RR site instead of at this one.

Since ridding myself of my addiction life has been wonderful and I thought someone might benefit from my experience. If anyone has, great if not , oh well.

I may have asked some questions or made some statements that some of you didn't want to hear, so I offer my apology if I hurt anyones feelings.

I sincerely hope that everyone who's struggling with their addiction can be as successful as I have been in overcoming mine.

I guess ol' Dallas has overstayed his welcome, so I bid you all a fond adieu.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
learning

I am shocked to see this Ann, especially after the lecture you gave (deleted) to me yesterday. Want some advice? Don't engage Jack's merry men. Especially if you want the games to end like you say.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Dallas,

Who has the right to say where you can and can not go.
Part of a 12 step program is to help those who still suffer.
Is that not why you came here.
Nobody could get clean and sober without the help of another addict/alkie.
Does not matter which program you work.
I don't remember any one here kicking you off this board.

It sounds like a very selfish person who says you can't help a sick person just because they do a different program.

We spend a lot of time here sharing experience, strength, and hope.
You did not tell anyone including RR that you were quitting RR for a different program (don't matter which one) If it works for you then go with it.

On these boards people don't like to see 12 step programs put down.

Think for 1 second. If someone at RR does not want you here. What are they trying to protect. RR? You? Themself?
I don't know how RR can tell you don't come here when obviously other RR people come here to spy on you. How else do they know if you visit here?

This is just my opinion. I would not want to say anything bad about any program that works.

To look at the overall picture. You have been posting in alcoholism. You have not been posting in AA which is a program. So keep posting in alcoholism about alcoholism. I don't see anything wrong with you being here.

The decision is yours.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.

Have a great 24 hours.

Good Luck to you and yours in the future.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Dallas if your still around you do have everyright to be here. I have not found anything you shared offensive to me as an AAer.

Could it be there is just a misunderstanding? I hope so! I wish you well and hope you'll re-consider.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Digitally Remastered

I liked what Dumps said...and Chy. Didn't understand Bartender's post but Dallas...Dumps IS right. This forum is not the AA program at work...it's about alcoholism so I see nothing contrary with what you have expressed.

Of course I was a little confused over why you are leaving...Because someone told you to? If the person there is going to keep you sober I'm all for it.... I'd do what they told me to do too.Unfortunately, in my case, I haven't been able to find a person who could keep me sober. (I've looked.)

Akin story... Sharing with an AA friend my joy over finding this board they said: "What are you doing?!?" I said, "Talking to other alcoholics." He expressed his sincere displeasure and I finally said {I say FINALLY cause he just about is critical of everything} "*******, WHY do you do that? WHY can't you just let things be?" Then he confessed that he didn't understand and from that he was critical.

Same friend... I bought When I Say No I Feel Guilty and showed him. He said, "Why? All the answers are in the Big Book."

Now some people may find all THEIR answers in the Big Book, but not me. In fact...if all my answers WERE in the Big Book I wouldn't have needed the Friday night meeting that had me in tears and bawling as I shared what was going on with me. I DO, like Dumps, believe ALL alcoholics need OTHER alcoholics. I'm for you Dallas. I want you to do EVERYTHING you can do to stay sober and serene.

If that means posting 500 times a day here, I'd read all of them and try to respond to some. If that means going away for a while, I'll welcome you when you come back. PLUS, if you've posted stuff that's gotten other alcoholics/alcohol abusers/whatever fired up and retaliatory, is that the worst thing that can happen? [If they're trying to defend their position on AA or RR... they may NOT be drinking & haven't ya forced someone to examine their beliefs? Not exactly the most horrible thing that could happen to me.]

Take it easy Dallas and do what's okay for you...
Digits
Old 08-03-2003, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning

To clarify what I wrote, one of the members of this message board, Ann, went to the Rational Recovery message board and posted something along the lines of Dallas being a "toad." If this is really ANN, or just another one of the boneheads that likes to play around on the RR board, who knows. This is why Dallas became angry and left. That thread has since been deleted on the RR board.

Silly games

IMHO, if posting to a message board is helpful to maintaining your sobriety do it. You have to take the good with the bad.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unfortunately,the original thread on the RR board was posted by a troll who also posted here pretending to be a newcomer seeking help.He then copied and pasted the responses he got on yet another thread on the RR board.It is that sort of game playing that breeds mistrust,confusion and animosity.It serves no useful purpose,and has the potential to do great harm.

My personal feeling is that we each have to be accountable for what we do.Anyone who posts here with a genuine need for help,and/or with a desire to help others should feel welcome.Misunderstandings can be overcome through honesty and open mindedness.

As I have said before,I care about helping people find a way to stop drinking.I care about that enough to want information and input about anything that works to be available.I hope we can all work together to make that happen.

phoenix
Old 08-03-2003, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
learning

While this may sound hypocritical coming from someone who did actually engage in those silly games, I whole-heartedly agree with you phoenix and do apologize for any harm I may have caused. The games are silly stupid and unproductive. I game here and got more than I bargained for, I actually benefit from what everyone here has to say.

Thanks