Notices

A great thing about sobriety...

Old 12-26-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Talking A great thing about sobriety...

With recovery with sobriety, you notice things... such as how when you were addicted/etc you would forget the important things you body needed, preferred or you just didn't WANT to notice... I'll tell you ONE thing I just noticed today...

I woke up, feeling a bit fatigued, and a bit tired, but... when I woke up I remembered all the old boozing... and I got a cold water from the fridge, drank it and felt ... great, the relief taking over my body, the cold water slowly dripping off my chin and dousing into my stomach... and when I was done, I realized... what the hell was I thinking when I abused my stomach and body with 10 beers during my drinking days when I could be doing this? What's my point all? Perhaps just a different perspective.

So you see, everyone... change and happiness is possible sober, it is, really.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good post Paulos. Thanks for sharing this insight
Old 12-26-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I'm thinking the same thing as I drink my cup of coffee before I head to gym for a Spinning exercise class.

I'm only on Day 7, but I always used getting up for the gym as a litmus test as to whether I drank too much the night before (along with how my truck looked parked in the drive way, after I checked to see if my wallet was in my pocket, and did I remember getting home, etc.).

Towards the end I was blowing off classes because I would be so hungover sick the next day I wouldn't get out of bed.

I am so thankful for being sober.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Quite amazing to hear you say that Paulos, I am glad to read this today.

I agree.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
With recovery with sobriety, you notice things... such as how when you were addicted/etc you would forget the important things you body needed, preferred or you just didn't WANT to notice... I'll tell you ONE thing I just noticed today...

I woke up, feeling a bit fatigued, and a bit tired, but... when I woke up I remembered all the old boozing... and I got a cold water from the fridge, drank it and felt ... great, the relief taking over my body, the cold water slowly dripping off my chin and dousing into my stomach... and when I was done, I realized... what the hell was I thinking when I abused my stomach and body with 10 beers during my drinking days when I could be doing this? What's my point all? Perhaps just a different perspective.

So you see, everyone... change and happiness is possible sober, it is, really.
You mentioned that you "woke up". My first thought was that I used to "come to." Going to sleep and waking up is a great thing.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Paulos. Being sober ALL THE TIME is what life shouild be. As Music said it is a great experience to fall asleep and wake up as opposed to passing out and comming to. Life still has its ups and downs but facing them from a sober perspective is just so much better.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the share Paulos, Great eye opener.

Take care,
John
Old 12-27-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sobriety? It's a good thing...
Old 12-27-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Now that I'm not drinking, I'm not engaging in any risky behaviors. I never have to worry about drunk driving, saying stupid sh**t to people, or making an ass out of myself. I'm more reliable and healthy all around. Alcohol sux!

So many great things about sobriety!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Users Awaiting Moderation

Terrific post. TY.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Paulos.

I feel the exact same way after a workout in the gym. The strength, the pump, the look in the mirror..................none of which you can accomplish while living a drinking lifestyle.