Hello

Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Just me...

Happy Holidays to you Rowan!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Don't forget to take special care of yourself...
eat....drink oodles of water...rest when you can.

.....A sober Mom is the very best present you can give.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Just me...

Thanks Carol. I am trying. Drank a couple mocha frappuccino's this morning. Love those things. Am drinking lots of water and sweating like an OCEAN. Staying busy though cooking stuff for tomorrow. No will to eat atm, the egg smell is not helping...lol

Happy Holidays to you Carol and hope you have a good one!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Just me...

You know, I just wanted to say this.

I am an addict and an alcoholic. I have no one to blame but myself. I have used everyone and everything as an excuse to take drugs and drink. When in truth my only excuse is because, I want to. It makes the stresses of daily life easier for me to deal with. Which I am not really dealing with. I hide behind the drugs and alcohol so I don't have to deal with them. I am greatful I found this place.

I know I am still not sober but, this place is helping me to stay strong and stick with my sober date the 30th. Thank you guys and gals for reading and responding, for encouraging me and for telling me how it is.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Char: we are all here. Sweating oceans was normal for me too.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Char,
They will most likely detox you prior to in-patient treatment. I hope you are able to find a good treatment center, although you can find what you are looking for anywhere if you are ready. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts. Keep us informed on your progress.
As I have heard and said in my own way. Let Go And Let........... Have a Happy Holiday!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Just me...

Taking a break from the cooking was starting to really nauseate (sp) me, smelling everything. Hope everyone is having a decent day at least.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Just me...

Am actually in a good mood and dong ok atm. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!!

In the face of the holidays when some of us feel particularly down and out, I was a good example, it helps to work on a gratitude list. Let's find what we are grateful for instead of being down about what we don't have. It's what we make of it! LOVE is all around, tune in to it.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Just me...

I really, really want a drink.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hang in there. What is driving you towards it?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Just me...

another crappy chirstmas finally over with, thank GOD
Old 12-25-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

The more we get through these things successfully, the stronger our abilities become in dealing with other areas of life. I am going to visit my brother-in-law for the first time nearly six years. My wife and I had not seen one another in over five years before reuniting. There is some anxiety here, but I understand worrying will accomplish nothing, only diminish my effectiveness NOW. I am grateful for this program, in the past, I could not do something o like this, I would run from my feelings/fear by getting high/drunk. Now I feel the feelings and know they will not kill me regardless of their intensity. Our experiences may be different in our actual surroundings and situation, but our emotional experiences are remarkably the same.......We can all get through it if we try and are willing.......I love this program and all of you!!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Just me...

thank you Noco, I am learning and getting there little by little.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Just me...

I find myself going back to what I want and what makes me happy. And even if that does not involve drinking or drugs am afraid of being judged???? I constantly remind myself of my responsibilities or rather what doing mostly what everyone else wants me to do. And when I do all the things that are expected of me and what everyone else wants, I want to drink or do drugs. But, when I do things that help my bipolar or my addictions ( meaning by not doing the drugs or drinking and staying in a routine ). I am reminded by friends and family constantly that I am bad wife or mother. I thought the whole point was, if its good for me then it should be good for those around me???? I know to do what helps me will mean the end of my marriage but, sometimes you have to do what is best for you and your children.

I dunno if I am making any sense here.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi Char!
First time I have seen your thread.
Welcome, welcome, welcome.
The first minutes, days, month are the hardest. I am praying that you will get the help you want on the 30th. I promise it gets SO much easier! There are less and less triggers and what amazes me is that all the anxiety, stress, overreactions I used to have to ALL situations are not there anymore. I live in today and I can get through almost anything just for today.
We are all here for you, anytime. I am with Taz though. If you can't get to a meeting, continue to go to online meetings and pick up the phone and call the AA hotline. The folks there are just sitting there, wanting to help a fellow alcoholic. When I volunteer, I wish the phone would ring more so I could be of more service! It sounds like you are not going to get a lot of support from your immediate family. You will have to accept that and reach out for help from fellow addicts/alcoholics. There are a ton of us around!

Oh yeah, you make sense to us! There is nothing I am more proud of today than the fact that I am a sober Mom!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Just me...

Even though I fear the 30th and am dreading the detox. I am looking forward to it more then anything else. I want so bad for it to get here. I am hoping that maybe they will finally understand and if they don't, I am going to work towards not letting it bother me and concentrate more on myself and my children and what is best for us.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Just me...

Well, I enter Detox at 9am tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to it but, I want it and I will do it.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

good for you char....congrats on taking the first step...you CAN do this!!!! hang in there and know that i am thinking of you!

thoughts & prayers with you...Big Hugs!!!
Lisa
Old 12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
To Life!

Best wishes, Char!
We're rooting for ya!

Shalom!