Notices

Hello

Old 12-23-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you're struggling with this. Are you able to get out for a little while?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Just me...

Wish I could, would love nothing more then to walk out the door and never look back. But, I love my kids too much.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I didn't mean a permanent walk out the door, hon. Just, a walk around the block or something. Clear your head. Getting up and moving should help.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Just me...

Freezing rain outside atm. I am finally beginning to realize the only way out is to just go to the ER or....
Old 12-23-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Just me...

Why is it so hard to get the people closest to you to listen?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, for me, it's best to take a mental time out when I feel that way.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Just me...

ok
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Just me...

Just realized my post. Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to cause, any problems for anyone. Have good one and nite.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

it's what you make of it

Welcome to SR. Recovery for me is a spiritual journey not a religious one. They ARE different things. Spirituality could be seen as the quality of your relationship with the most important thing in your life. For me drugs and alcohol were, now it's sobriety. For me it was a moment within myself where, for once in my life, I realized, accepted, admitted to myself on all levels of being that I am what I am and could not live the way I had been living (40 yrs of using). In that moment I was unified, totally. There was no "I'm" not...I let go, I surrendered, no more bravado, no more false pride, just peace. Remember AA/NA has no monopoly on recovery, we find what we find to recover....the fundamental is finding that unity by whatever means possible (using ain't it!). To know it really can't be done, for most of us, alone. And yes try your local hot-line for whatever you have available in recovery, you could possibly get to a meeting that way....
Just don't give up!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

..Chardoll
I see you are off line.

Hope your getting some rest...I'll check back with you later.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Just me...

No rest for the wicked. Will try here shortly though.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

...back to you

Are you cooking a traditional dinner for Christmas?
Don't know how old your children are....
but I used to get a kick out of helping fix holiday dinners.

Stay strong...Blessings to you and your family
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Just me...

We are going the inlaws, yay!!! NOT

I am making deviled eggs, potato salad and no bake cookies because, for some reason his entire family loves them but, can't make one to save their lives. lol

My two little princesses are 6 and my prince is 5. For them I will go and I will make sure they have a good time.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Chardoll you say you want help, well I would suggest grabbing the phone book and look up the phone number for your local AA.

Call them, the person who answers the phone is a fellow alcoholic so they know what you are going through right now. If a guy answers ask to speak to a lady, trust me there are a lot of sober women alcoholics in AA.

Tell her exactly what you have told us, they have been right where you are at, they understand. They will not bring you a bottle of booze to "calm your nerves", they have found a solution to thier drinking problem and will gladly share that solution with you.

Call them, what can it hurt? One thing we in AA have learned is that the best way for us to stay sober is to help another alcoholic get and stay sober! Does that mean we simply go to meetings and talk on the phone? Absolutely not!!!! I can tell you right now that there are women in AA in my area that would baby sit your kids in a heartbeat if it helped you to get and stay sober. Call them...... they certainly have more to offer you then the folks you have asked for help so far.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
To Life!

Char,

If you're not getting the help when you specifically ask to be taken to the hospital,
Call 911 or whatever emergency number your area uses, and go.

Alcohol detox is dangerous. If you are physically addicted to it, you need a medically supervised detox. And a program to help you stay clean and sober. Going to the hospital will get you the medically supervised detox and set you up for the after care program.

If you don't have the money, the hospital has to treat you anyway, if they receive any federal funding. All do, unless they are totally private, (few are). And STAY there this time! Don't let anyone rush you out. Let your husband take care of the kids. They are his responsibility too.

Welcome to SR. I wish you the best.

Shalom!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Char,

Yes detoxing alcohol is dangerous, especially if you are drinking a lot over an extended period of time. If you shake, hallucinate, exhibit other physical/mental problems you REALLY NEED medical assistance, and if, by chance, there are other substances involved (Benzodiazipines: Xanax and the like) the risk of seizure, and death possibly, is dramatically increased. Do WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO to get help. This IS life and death. You won't be of any use to your family, or YOURSELF if you don't make it. Hopeless as it may seem, you will find help if you just try, don't let fear, self-pity, shame or guilt, or anger hold you back. Pick up the phone!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Just me...

I am scheduled to go in on the 30th for a drug and alcohol assessment. Have never been to one before so I don't know what to expect. I am guessing that hopefully they will send me to detox and then rehab if I understand my counselor right. I have already decided though if they don't, when I leave, I will just walk around the corner to the ER entrance and beg for help. ( the clinic I am going to is part of the hospital. )

On a different note, I feel like crap so far today. But, am wearing a smile and have already started my cooking for tomorrows Christmas dinner.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Chardoll, hang in there, be honest and be willing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober and you will. Have a good holiday.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Just me...

Thank you Taz, I am. And Happy Holidays to you!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays Char!