Notices

Hello

Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Religion is for people who do not want to go to Hell, Spirituality if for people who have already been to hell

AA is spritual I agree, but religion has never been pushed on me there.

I tried to quit a million times on my own, BUT I was unable to stay sober depending on myself. I thought I had enuf strength and control, BUT, obviously I didn't, as I continued to drink after each attempt, and there were many attempts. Each time I felt worse and worse about myself. I lost respect for me as I got more and more out of control.

Then I found AA, I found a higher power, of which I chose to call God, but that is different with each person whom their higher power is. It is just saying there is someone or something out there that is more powerful then yourself who can remove the obsession. I have turned my life and will over to my higher power

Whatever anyone calls this doesn't matter.
All I know is that the obsession to drink has been lifted. I am learning ways of coping with life on life terms sober. I feel better, happier, and healthier. I am willing to go to any length to be sober, so I will never close the door on anything that can save my life.

Whatever works for each person to stay sober is all that matters and I hope no one turns away a hope for sobriety for fear of a program.

I believe in a higher power, but was never religous or spritual, I would pray asking for help to get my butt out of the trouble I had gotten into...and each time promise it would be my last. Now that was depending on more powerful then myself to help me out of crap I did. How many people can relate to that?

Now I just ask for guidance to do the right thing, ask for the strength to say sober, one day at a time.

Hope people do not think I am preaching. I am surely not. I know how this is the first time anything has worked for me and I hope someone else might get help from my experience.

To everyone!!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Just me...

Just sitting here.

And yes, Pam I can relate to the praying thing. Even hugging Mr. Tideybowl and praying and we have all been there I am sure. lol
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Just me...

I went to my first AA meeting ever on here last night. I haven't drank since then. And god knows I have wanted to. I have thrown up twice and just keep crying for now. I am so sick of it all. I dunno why my stomach is hurting me...and why I keep crying so much.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I did a lot of crying too. I think it's healing. Keep hangin' in there!

DK
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...early days are difficult...
You are in the initial de tox period.

Please read the link below
for information and some of our experiences.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

This can be your last de tox...
just don't drink today.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

chardoll welcome to SR, I really am glad to see you went to the AA online meeting, I highly encourage you to please see your doctor ASAP and be totally honest with your doctor about how long and how much you drink as well as what happens to you both when you drink and when you don't.

I would also encourage you to pick up your local phone book and call your local AA hotline. They can help you with numerous things. If you need a inpatient or out patient rehab or to be detoxed they can get you pointed in the right direction. If you would like to talk to some ladies about how they have recovered from thier alcoholism I can assure you that they could arrange for some AA ladies to meet you where ever you wish. They could also help you out in finding and getting to meetings.

You are not alone in this, there are millions of us in this world, there are thousands that have found sobriety...... happy sobriety.

In regards to the religious part...... well I stay sober using AA, I have been sober over 2 1/2 years, I have not touched a Bible or any other religous text, I have set foot in church once since I got sober and have not need back.... it really did not appeal to me. I still have a Higher Power of my understanding that I do call God, but only for conviniance, I am spiritual, not religous.

I have been to several thousand AA meetings, I have yet to have one person ask or suggest that I go to any church, temple or anything else, nor has any one tried to convert me to anything. Now that is not to say it may one day not happen.... it could, after all AA is full of people from every walk of life.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Just me...

I am nervous and twitchy, vision blurry. The upset stomach with nausea is just wonderful.....NOT!...My kids are here running around. The stress is driving me nuts.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Just me...

I need help.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

If your physical condition is getting worse and/or you are scared about how bad you feel, go the ER. If you need emotional support, stay here. Jomey
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Just me...

Can't go to the ER, have 3 kids to watch and no one to watch them. What do I do. I cave. I give doesn't matter how much I cry and ask the people around me for help, they just keep buying me more booze and telling to calm down have a few drinks everything will be ok.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Just me...

Freaking funny as heck if you think about. People would rather buy me booze then deal with my kids while I try to get help. LOLOLOL

God forbid any of them deal with 3 kids, 2 of which have problems....HAHA...is pathetic, makes me so ANGRY!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Just me...

Hello??? no comments?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Many people don't understand addiction, the difficulty involved in abstaining and the consequences of continued use, so they don't know how to help...
Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chardoll View Post
Can't go to the ER, have 3 kids to watch and no one to watch them. What do I do. I cave. I give doesn't matter how much I cry and ask the people around me for help, they just keep buying me more booze and telling to calm down have a few drinks everything will be ok.
Wow,

You're asking for help and their solution is giving you more more alcohol? I don't know what your personal situation is but it sounds extremely difficult if that's what your friends and family surrounding you are offering.

Stay strong Chardoll, continue to stay online for support and advice and please make good decisions.

Good Luck and Happy Holiday's to you
Old 12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh yeah,

Make sure to attend the online chat tonight if you get a chance ...............I'll be there
Old 12-23-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Just me...

My family knows, I have admitted to all of them I have a problem, they do the usual, throw money at me. The father of my kids and his family do the same and they all know, they just don't wanna deal with the kids. Its not an easy job but, somehow even with my problem and bipolar I manage. I know they see mommy drinking but, I try. I do more then the rest of their family.

I have tried everything literally. I swallowed 82 pills last March. They were in a rush to get me home from the hospital so they didn't have to watch my kids anymore. So I OD'd, was on lifesupport for 3 days, came home on the 4th day against doctors and nurses following me down the hallway as I left the hospital, half dressed.

So if you have some answers, please share, I give up. They don't listen. I can sit and drink in front of them and tell them I have a problem, I need help and they just say, " its ok, need me to get you more??? "

I started keeping a journal, and one of the things I write over and over again its seems is.....I am relying on emotional cripples, people with their own mental disorders and addictions for help???? They all say they will help and be there for me but, then after a day, they are gone.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Just me...

What do you say when you feel like your losing your mind?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Just me...

NIce and thanks for all the support! :
Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Char I'm sorry I missed this ... there are folks here who care. What's going on?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Just me...

I get bitched out by another of my husbands girlfriends and what does he do, he comes through the door with more booze and proceeds to be mad at me for having the nerve to be upset that she contacted me and tells me how pathetic I am.

He of course goes to bed, and I am sure is talking to her on his phone. I just sit here.