Notices

The new guy here

Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The new guy here

Hey Everyone, just stubled onto the forums and loved some of the stuff i seen, so i thought i would join up heres my story.

Im 21 years old, about 2 1/2-3 months ago i broke up with my girlfriend that i'v been with for a long time, she was also my bestfriend (Not because of alcohol) At that point i started drink every night 7 days a week up untill 2 days ago. I never thought it was a problem I just used it to numb the stress i was going through. Im now going through withdrawl its not too bad compared to some other peoples cases i been reading on the internet, but its still a problem for me. I constantly have a headach, I have i anxiety attacks throughout the day, get the shakes sometimes my i heart beats faster then normal . I know my case is far less severe then some of your guys, but i just want this to go away, i know my body wants alcohol but im seriously turned off of it after going through this for two days. I want to know if anybody out there has had a simaler problem like mine, if so how long should this last for?
THanks to anyway who takes the time to read this and reply
Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It really depends. It lasted a few weeks for me. A lot of warm baths, nutritious foods and sleep when I could.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol withdrawal for me usually lasts about 3-5 days. Of course it depends on howw bad I've been "binging." Welcome to the forums you will get a lot of good information here. Be sure to drink lots of fluids and take a good multi-vitamin.

tib
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

Bout a week for me...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sorry to hear about the breakup... Welcome to the forum. Also check out the chatroom some time. Some cool people frequent there. Best of luck. Peace
Old 12-20-2008, 12:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Clixx the worst of the physical withdrawal is usually over in 3 to 5 days as others have said. The post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) can linger for many months thereafter, however not everyone goes through this. The PAWS symptoms can include anxiety, depression and insomnia. You can just google post acute withdrawal syndrome for more info.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

By day 4 I was finished with the
initial de tox symptoms you mentioned.

As you read our replies...you can see it's
not the same for everyone.

The fact that your hard drinking was short
and your young.....will be in your favor....
Drink a lot of water or Gatorade to flush the toxins.

Welcome to SR...
Old 12-20-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replys guys, last night when i posted this it was night number two, it was kinda a rough one with little sleep but i got through it, and i must say today i feel great! actually got outta the house to finish up my x-mas shopping... i know im not quite there yet tho, so ill continue not to drink and stick around on the forums