Notices

Supplements that curb cravings?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
L-Glutamine is an absolute lifesaver when it comes to alcohol and sugar cravings. A really good read is "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross, who began her career as an addiction counselor and found great success treating her patients with amino acids. It's a really, really good book, and I highly recommend it to anyone, alcoholic or not.

In the book, it discusses the physical side of addiction and cravings, and that 95% of us (alcoholics) are hypoglycemic. The L-Glutamine immediately takes away cravings that come from a physical cause, and you don't have to deal with the blood sugar crash that comes from dealing with a physical alcohol craving with sugar.

Thanks for the confirmation Kristina . I'm picking some up today and will document my progress. Any recommendations on when to take it??

Thanks Again,
Old 12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if it works for cravings, but in controlled studies it has been shown to make NON-alcholics drink less.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brandeeno View Post
Thanks for the confirmation Kristina . I'm picking some up today and will document my progress. Any recommendations on when to take it??

Thanks Again,
Get the kind that is powdered and comes in capsules, just break one open under your tongue any time you have a craving. Do the same thing with a capsule or two about a half hour before you eat to keep physical cravings away preventatively.