Old 12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober member

help me find a inpatient I can afford?

My zip is 06479,i have Anthem Blue Cross,help me?2
Old 12-15-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Call the 800 number on your insurance card. They should be able to help you. Make sure if there is a number for behavioral health that you call that one.

Good luck.

Karen
Old 12-15-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can also go to Affordable Health Insurance and Medical Insurance from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) you can start a user profile using your card id# they will tell you exactly what the cost is, and who providers are that accept bc/bs. Most policies have a 30 day rider that cover inpatient. Good luck to you.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry double post, my laptop has been strange lately.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are interested....
Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All I can offer is the best of luck! Like the above posters said, I'm sure that your insurance will help you!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like others I wish you well in your search. You've been given the direction to go in so go after it Patrick. Reclaim your life. Know that we will be waiting here hoping for the best. This has been a real long day coming but SR members have not given up on you. Don't give up on yourself. Do the footwork. It will be the best reward you can give to you and your family.

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

if you are incapable of figuring out the behavioral health part of your insurance, you are not alone...it is a maze. You may have to call several times to get the answers you need. On line it will list providers. However, getting authorization takes tenacity.
If you don't have this at this time
DO not be afraid to ask a parent, aunt, friend, etc. to help you get this accomplished.
My son would never have been able to figure the insurance out on his own or the persistence when he was an addict. Ask for someone to help you if necessary. Don't take no for an answer from your insurance.
Get the help you need. There is a way, because you're willing.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Patrick, I am glad you are finally looking for 'in patient.'

Call Salvation Army. They have an excellent 'in patient' recovery program, and it's free..

Love and hugs,
Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Many rehabs offer scholarships too based on availability. Are you willing to cross state lines????? There is a place in my town in PA that may be able to help. PM me if interested
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Patrick I wish you all the best in your search, I can not add anything to what has already been said except one thing........... everyone of them more then likely is going to tell you to go to AA after you get out, why not start going again while you are searching.

Oh wait a minute, grab the phone book and call your local AA hotline, they may be able to hook you up.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What I did and I have UHC, they put me thru to mental health division, I got a list of rehabs that they cover. I next made an appt with the rehab center. I was interviewed and they got my insurance information and found out what my ins. would cover. my insurance company would pay for 28 days inpatient, but not for me it is Funny but I guess cause I hadn't had a claim with them before for this they didn't think I needed inpatient..but then they also wanted to make sure this was not preexisting with another company recently...HAHAHA..I told them, I guess a 1/5 everyother day was not enuf to get inpatient.
But it all worked out I got the out patient and i went to rehab 5 days a week. And after that I appreciated that I could still take care of my animals and my grand daughter and get the help I needed.

So in a nutshell, call insurance company, get rehab name they will cover, make appt with the rehab. go thru the interview and they will contact ins. to see how much is covered. Good luck, and don't give up. there is help out there.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Patrick, i had the same insurance a few years back, what i did was find a rehab i wanted to attend, called them and let them qualify (deal) with the insurance bs, i ended up in w palm beach fl at a great 30 day rehab, out of pocket was very minimal, the insurance even paid a big chunk of my airfare.. Good to see you are willing , stick to it..

Take care,
John
Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober member

monies are at 0!!!!! so im overlooked again,when will the world realize its a crisis of self destruction out there?

its all up to me just dont work! i need spmething,havent quite figured out just yet tho!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

alot of rehab centers have county/ state beds, not sure who pays but the client doesn't pay a thing. Call and see if you could qualify...doesn't hurt to call
Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober member

Originally Posted by Pam08 View Post
alot of rehab centers have county/ state beds, not sure who pays but the client doesn't pay a thing. Call and see if you could qualify...doesn't hurt to call
ok,so i up and leave my job and family to live away just cuz i drink beer on a daily basis? i just cant!

Old 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

so you keep drinking until ... what?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes homer...that may be exactly what you need to do.

I was terrified that I would loose everything if I went inpatient...then I realized I would loose everything if I didn't anyways and the choice got a little easier.

Glad you are looking at this possiblility.:ghug
Old 12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober member

my family,my 12 year old son,my dutiesand chores i do on daily basis,my paycheck! as we are so living day by day! how is it possible?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I'd check into the Salvation Army

They've got a great program.