Notices

Hi

Old 12-17-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
jh1

Yea shell good work! Im almost day 8 now and really your symptoms should be gone in a day or two and you should sleep fine. Its really weird, i mean withdrawals, like my last really bad symptom was just a lingering feeling of weakness and lightheadedness but it magically went away like mid day-it was weird. But, yea just hang in there, and the more days we pass up stopping at the liquor store the more days we start breaking our habits...and most importantly start making new ones....like driving by the liquor store, haha. Keep it up the withdrawals should be gone soon...though our bodies will take quite awhile to adjust to no alcohol and not sure what random feelings that will bring. I guess we'll find out together.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MMORPG's = my guilty pleasure.

Hey jh! Thanks once again for the kind words of encouragement and CONGRATS on 8 days! Everyday we get stronger hon! I have a feeling pretty soon we're gonna be driving by the liquor store and giving it the finger! lol.
Thanks for the heads up on the symptoms, I can't wait to feel awake and energized and sleeping like a baby! It feels so good to be getting control back.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
jh1

Yea earlier tonight i actually went to the liquor store I usually go to with the intentions of getting milk and some agua...but knew i would have to look at all the wine,beer, and liquor behind the counter...but i kind of wanted to because i was really feeling confident...when i got in i got my stuff, but had to take a few deep breaths and not think about it too much. Anyways, got my stuff, left and flicked the store off as i drove away with a smile-just a minor win but ill take it. ha.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi Shellbear,

How are you doing today? Your posts have sounded so upbeat and positive so far - I think that's great! I hope today was a good day for you.

TSH
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

LOL - I am a moron! I saw that your post said "Yesterday" so I thought... yesterday! What I didn't realize is that it's after midnight and your post was just a little over an hour ago.

Sorry!! But I do hope you had a good day.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey there Trying,

Thanks for checking in on me I'm doing well today, I am still having headaches and oddly today when I woke up I was incredibly lightheaded... my clarity feels a little dull but nothing too major. Made it another day without even considering stopping at the store! I am feeling somewhat liberated and I hope I can continue on this path as smoothly as I have been so far.
Fortunately we are supposed to be having a really bad snow storm here tomorrow so if I'm lucky I'll get out of going to work and have a day off! Wouldn't that be a treat??
Old 12-18-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just read this thread. WOW! You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your sobriety.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
jh1

I know that lightheaded feeling all to well shellbear. I had that for until like 6 days after going dry. It's so annoying, i hated it, but magically it will go away. I think i wrote in another thread i went into the gym with the lightheaded feeling and came out and it was gone-go figure. Anyways, keep it up, the longer we go with no booze the easier. Its awesome were making routines of not drinking instead of our usual routines to go every few days to get booze. Yay.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Just read this thread. WOW! You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your sobriety.
Thank you so much! I am trying very hard. It isn't easy but I am starting to feel more control over myself and the decisions I make and that is priceless! I hope we can ALL continue to see the road we should be traveling and keep on it!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
jh1

shell where you at? Been a few days since you've been on-just want to check in and make sure all is well. Keep on truckin'. :ghug3
Old 12-23-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey JH I'm here... sorry I have been pretty busy this week! (Which is probably a good thing lol.) How have you been holding up? I hope you are doing well and it's nice to see you! Right now I am sipping a nice hot cup of Vanilla Creme coffee and honestly, I don't even allow myself to entertain the notion of drinking during the week anymore. It's just not gonna happen.
It's funny too because I am off Christmas day and the first thing my mind thought was "Hey why not drink wed night, you're off" and I was like ohhhh no you don't. lol.
Doing well though!! Happy Holidays to you btw!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellbear View Post
Hey JH I'm here... sorry I have been pretty busy this week! (Which is probably a good thing lol.) How have you been holding up? I hope you are doing well and it's nice to see you! Right now I am sipping a nice hot cup of Vanilla Creme coffee and honestly, I don't even allow myself to entertain the notion of drinking during the week anymore. It's just not gonna happen.
It's funny too because I am off Christmas day and the first thing my mind thought was "Hey why not drink wed night, you're off" and I was like ohhhh no you don't. lol.
Doing well though!! Happy Holidays to you btw!
Glad to see you back and still Sober Shellbear......................yeah, JH along with myself were wondering if you were OK but apparantley your doing fine

I'm at 15 days myself, feel great and haven't had a craving for awhile (except Friday night of course). Having to get ready for Christmas and staying busy has helped.

Have a good Holiday and talk to you later,
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see your progress.....
Sobriety is simply super!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Brandeeno, happy holidays to you also! Congrats on 15 days that is fantastic! This is the hardest time of the year for us especially since we are brand new to this. We can do it though! I am working on a little experiment but I'm going to wait and see how it plays out before I make any comments on it.

Hi Carol, thanks for the post and I hope you have very merry Christmas!

Happy holidays to you all!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

As you get further into recovery you'll find there is nothing worse than a belly full of booze and a head full a AA. Those folks who can take a drink or two (you've got to be kidding!) are "Earth People", they can take it or leave it where, for us, if we take it we can't leave it at all!!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

shellbear congrats on your sober time so far, keep it one day at a time, be willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober, it can be done!
Old 12-25-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!!!!

Today would be a good day for a gratitude list.....looking for what we have and not what we don't . Love is all around us, let's tune in to it.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to you also!! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday today and thankfully, it was a nice sober one! :-)