Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I gotta do this-i have a really bad feeling this time

Notices

I gotta do this-i have a really bad feeling this time

Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
MMORPG's = my guilty pleasure.

Originally Posted by jh1 View Post
sup guys, Yea classical I'm always down to add some friends because i know im going to have to be on here quite a bit some nights because i live alone. It is amazing how many people out there really do have the same habits as me and it feels good to relate. Today for me was amazing. I finally felt enough energy since my binge ended last tuesday night/wed morn to go to the gym-i still walked in with the fog i guess, just lightheaded and just made sure i got through the workout-walked out about noon to the sun shining and felt finally normal again. Thank god. Now is the hard part, I realized how hard getting to two weeks, a month , etc. is going to be when alcohol is so easily accessible any time. Us alcoholics have a nasty part of our mind that loves to play tricks on us, and as time goes by has us forget all the shittty things we've done to our bodies and other people and how we have felt after. Its a nasty trick, and usually gets the best of me, but im gonna fight it tough this time.
This is so true jh! Alcohol is quite the mind teaser. It's so easy to fall back into those patterns especially living alone. We can do it though! Every minute, hour, and day is a victory. Every time we say no, we are winning. Stay strong and always remember why you view your alcoholism as a problem in the first place. That is what I am trying to do and at least for now, it's working.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
jh1

Man, how good does it feel to have the energy and drive to go work out and do it sober with a clear head-such a better feeling. Well, got over my Week1-its been awhile since ive done a week...given a lot of last week i was withdrawing pretty bad, but either way i guess I did it. Here's to 10 days then 2 weeks. F u alcohol , ha.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm on 8 days myself Bro...............keep it up.

Going on my first date in about a month tonight. I can't remember the last time I went out without putting down at least a 1/2 pint first, so it's going to be tough.

But practice makes perfect, right?

I might even try the yuppy Starbucks routine after dinner.........anything beats the bar
Old 12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
jh1

LOL-brandeeno-starbucks thing would be funny. Man, im the same way, if im going out on a date (especially a first date) there's no way Im going out without a little something just to open up the conversation and take the edge off. I can't do any dating right now, but props to you. Hopefully everything went good. Class, yea I agree working out is definitely one of my main deterrents. It makes me think about the bad things im doing to my body by drinking. And helps resist the urge. Tonight I kind of want to go get something, but I'm not going to. Over it. Cuz i know if i do ill be drinkin tomorrow and prob the next day. So no way. And your right about it only getting worse, it does, much worse. Your early drinking would've turned into full day drinking, then prob to the next day cuz you dont want the hangover, etc, etc. Definitely happened to me. But, yea good work guys, lets keep rolling-i really want to hit that two week thing, then i heard that it gets easier to pass that liquor store because you start getting used to it instead of being used to pulling in everytime you pass.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good job on not giving in to your cravings jh! Every day we get stronger! I'm proud of your 8 days you're doing great! I look forward to seeing your 2 week anniversary that will be quite exciting!
Perhaps we can have an SR party LOL (with coffee!) hehe.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
jh1

Originally Posted by Shellbear View Post
Good job on not giving in to your cravings jh! Every day we get stronger! I'm proud of your 8 days you're doing great! I look forward to seeing your 2 week anniversary that will be quite exciting!
Perhaps we can have an SR party LOL (with coffee!) hehe.
Haha-im down! I might bring some redbulls to the party, woohoo
Old 12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey jh,

Just wondering how you're doing today? Update please!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
jh1

Today has been great. I feel really good, i think this is my ninth day after its over. I had a few thoughts about getting drunk but had so many reasons why not to, so it wasn't too hard. This weekend will probably be tougher, but i already turned down going out a few times so though it might be a boring weekend it will be a sober weekend. Second in a row-wow, haha, haven't done this for a long time. Hows your day been? Hopefully your feeling great besides the lightheadedness and prob low energy. Soon to pass, keep going these smilies are funny
Old 12-18-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey, I'm glad to see you! Yes, the smilies are amusing huh? lol. Glad to hear you're feeling good! You will get through the weekend just fine I think! You have come too far! Come here if you feel that you can't resist, I know I do whenver I get that feeling!
How was my day? Well I am feeling well, aside from the low energy and stuff. Day was typical. Went to work, wanted to punt my boss, got through the day, made it home (without a trip to the liquor store )
All is well at the moment. If I get to stay home tomorrow because of the snow my week will be complete! lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
jh1

LOL-bad bosses are the worst. How many days you at now shell? 4 or 5 right? That would be sweet if you get the day off tomorrow though-I love winter weather even though down here in southern california the most we get is rain every once in awhile. Love the snow. And yea ill be on here tomorrow night, thats almost a guarantee, haha. By the way that tattoo is very nice, i like it .
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Today is day 4. (YAY!) I only love winter weather when it gets me out of work (lol i'm so corny with these smilies!) I'm glad to hear you will be here tomorrow night. That's the best choice you can make!
Thanks for the compliment.... it is the one I have that means the most to me actually.... (I have 4.)
Old 12-21-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see y'all making progress....

Keep in focus...you too can win over alcohol!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
jh1

Whats up everyone. Well, made it through a pretty boring weekend and 11 days sober now. Feel pretty good, I really think I can probably make it to new years eve no problem-that on the other hand is going to be very hard to pull off.

Class, personallly I can't be around drinkers yet because my whole addiction started with years and years of going out, socializing, and drinking with my friends-then it turned into drinking alone also. It's pretty much a habit when I go out with my friends to drink, all my good friends drink. So for right now I've had to deny multiple invites because I just don't trust myself out around my friends at a bar or club or wherever. I'm sure with time I'll be able to hang out around drinkers but for now, doubt it.

Carol-thanks again for caring so much about everyone and checking in

I told my parents the other night at dinner i was taking time off from drinking but told them i was doing it for working out and to just stay healthier-which is true-but doubt I'll ever tell them im an alcoholic-just my decision though. But hope you all are doing awesome, and staying away from the booze. Keep it up
Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Congrats on 11 days, jh1! Today is a bumpy day for me. I had been feeling really good and really strong for a few days, and today.. not so much. Need to raise up out of dis funk...
Old 12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good job JH. Anytime you consider drinking, just think about having to go through the medical issues you had again. Think about the emergency room. That's one of the main things that keeps me from drinking. I don't ever want to go through my first month sober again. That was a scary and horrible month for me. The anxiety, fear of dying, lost work, doctor appointments (and bills), headaches, hand tremors, heart palpitations and skipped heartbeats, near panic attacks, and other strange medical symptoms are things I don't want to go through ever again. They have all gone away completely from not drinking for me, so why ever risk them coming back.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Whats up everyone. Well, made it through a pretty boring weekend and 11 days sober now. Feel pretty good, I really think I can probably make it to new years eve no problem-that on the other hand is going to be very hard to pull off.

Class, personallly I can't be around drinkers yet because my whole addiction started with years and years of going out, socializing, and drinking with my friends-then it turned into drinking alone also. It's pretty much a habit when I go out with my friends to drink, all my good friends drink. So for right now I've had to deny multiple invites because I just don't trust myself out around my friends at a bar or club or wherever. I'm sure with time I'll be able to hang out around drinkers but for now, doubt it.

Carol-thanks again for caring so much about everyone and checking in

I told my parents the other night at dinner i was taking time off from drinking but told them i was doing it for working out and to just stay healthier-which is true-but doubt I'll ever tell them im an alcoholic-just my decision though. But hope you all are doing awesome, and staying away from the booze. Keep it up

Glad to see you back and still sober Bro!!,.............I'm not gonna lie, between you, shell, and myself I was 85% sure at least one of us would relapse this weekend.

I had my daughter all weekend so it was surprisingly easy for me not to be tempted. I think alot has to do with the fact I was pretty busy, but nonetheless I'm on day 12 or 13 I can't even remember (that's a good thing)

Stay strong and have a good Holiday. I'll be out of state from wednesday - friday so I may not get a chance to post. Does not mean that I have went on another bender

Oh yeah, I'm sober enough now that I'm proud to show my face so I've changed my pic!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
jh1

sup guys
thanks for the comments-dk get up out that funk son, lol. Yea I was in a little depressing funk friday night just knowing that lots of people i know are out and im having dinner with my parents then going home to a TV.

Ralph, yea i have to remind myself all the time of that first 5 days which was awful-but as time goes by my mind plays tricks and tries to forget the bad times. But thats definitely part of the reason ill be staying sober

Brand-what up bro. yea, haha, I thought one of us might slip-i knew once i denied all the invites to go out i had a pretty good shot at staying sober. Sometimes I dont trust myself at home by myself but honestly i just really didn't think about it. I kind of put it in my mind just to think about something else if i started thinkin about getting booze. And anytime i passed a liquor store/gas station/7-11 whatever I just really wouldn't think about it. I think I'm just in that stage i gotta make it a routine where i dont drink every 4/5th day then once that's broken i think things will be easier. Had family parties this weekend and lots of my family aren't big drinkers so those weren't hard to stay away from-Friday night was weird cuz i usually get some wine with my mom and sister when we go out but i said no just because I could see myself getting maybe a little taste/buzz and then later stopping by a store to get a few bottles to top off the glass,ha. Gym 5/6 past days has been a help and i think once i start seeing positive changes physically it will encourage me even more not to drink. Good work making it another weekend though guys....damn new years eve will be tough because im going to hang out with friends-hopefully by then i will have built up the strength to deny drinks.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
jh1

Im here class-im proud that your still going strong too. Honestly the last time i went two weeks without booze (which would be tomorrow for me) was almost 2 years ago when I had ACL reconstruction surgery and I couldnt get up and drive to get booze. I think i went like 3 weeks then but i was so pilled up for pain and was immobile so idk if that counts, ha. But yea im pretty stoked right now. Honestly, since i went sober ive had a grande coors light in my fridge and a airplane shooter of grey goose and haven't thought very much at all about drinking them.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Honestly, since i went sober ive had a grande coors light in my fridge and a airplane shooter of grey goose and haven't thought very much at all about drinking them.
Whats up JH,

Wow, there is noooooo wayyy those drinks would last in my fridge. If I had vodka in my fridge right now I'd have to get up, take it out of the fridge and proceed to pour that nasty shttt down the sink before I did something stupid.

But then again if you can get by with having that in your house and not be tempted, I guess it can make you a stronger person.