Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I gotta do this-i have a really bad feeling this time

Notices

I gotta do this-i have a really bad feeling this time

Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Carol. I never heard about the cleaning powder. I just use a vegetable brush and scrub the veges in water before cutting them up. It takes some effort to do the juicing thing. You could buy organic vegetables if you want to be sure there are no pesticides.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
jh1

hey guys-actually got a little sleep last night. Shortness of breath and tightness in back has gone down a bit, still have tingles in mostly feet-hands, feel lightheaded when walk around, energy is low - def dont feel like doing anything more than walking around a little though, heart beats are still real low like 46-50 resting. Ill Keep on going though, i really don't feel like drinking at all, im too worried about these things im experiencing.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you did sleep...

At my noon AA meeting the topic was
"Tgere us a Solution"

Here is a link...if you are interested

Big Book On Line

in finding the answers that work great for me.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
jh1

well i decided to go to the ER earlier today because i got really light headed and faint earlier and couldnt feel my hands or lower legs. they did an EKG , chest x ray an urinalysis and everything came back okay. Im going to go get bloodwork done on monday i think. I continue to feel lightheaded, weak and short of breath. They suggested that i strained muscles and ligaments in my back (which could be true because Im sure i passed out in some really awkward positions when i was binging.) And that coupled with my withdrawals could be an answer but i still want to make sure its not more. thanks again though guys.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good move to go to the ER. Glad to hear you are okay. Withdrawal/anxiety can cause strange and scary symptoms that mimic serious diseases. You also may be severely deficient in certain vitamins from drinking, particularly the B vitamins (B1/thiamine in particular). A full blood test should include the vitamin analysis. I just went through this.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
jh1

yea im going to do that for sure because my resting hr on my own is still around 50 which is scary. and tingling/numb feet and stuff-but that can all still be withdrawal. It was funny because they had my bp at like 80 but of course because i was kind of in a nervous situation and told them when at rest its way lower. idk i just might be having some anxiety and reading into things too much. my blood pressure hs been not bad, but a lil high140/90 and then i just took it and was 138/76.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

how many days has it been?
congrats on not drinking!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Do a google search on vitamin B deficiency (which is definitely caused by alcohol abuse). I just did and I saw that numbness and tingling of the hands and feet are symptoms, as well as insomnia. Make sure you tell this to your doctor. I would make sure you are taking a basic multivitamin or B-complex right now. It can't hurt.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
jh1

ralph thanks for the heads up ill look into some vitamin b. I guess the main thing now is feeling weak and everytime i get up i feel dizzy and just weird-like my head is off equilibrium. Ive been taking my blood pressure now and then and its been all over the place from 140/90 to 130/80 to 125/60 and this morning it was 140/60...odd. I guess by the kind of alcoholic i AM which was binge hard 2/3 days, withdraw a few days then go back to feeling absolutely fine and functioning for the next 4 or so days. I guess that finally caught up to me because these symptoms are so new and different than what i was used to. I guess the withdrawals just kept growing and finally its like alright heres a bunch of new/weird stuff. This is by far the worst. Anyways though, im on lets see-passed out on either tuesday night or early wednesday so i guess if you count wednesday im 4 days now. i really dont want booze at all because i still am without energy. The hard parts will be when I start feeling normal again and have some energy-thats when the self-control will be hard. Really don't want to go through all this worrying and trouble again and don't want to fall into my binging ways that hurt myself and everyone around me.

Last edited by jh1; 12-14-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
jh1

I got 5 days now. Feel much better today, this week is going to be HARD to say the least because I have a ton of free time and foresee some boring nights and good movie rentals coming out. Yikes! But i know this-not renting movies, going to exercise a lot, prob be on here quite a bit-i know if i can get to like the end of the week it will be an amazing accomplishment for me. Sad thing though is last night i just started feeling better after all the crap i went through and i really thought about going to get a 40oz, ha, just 1 of course, duh. lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time, and you can get thru this!:ghug3
Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

hi, you sound a lot like me. i did a lot of "college party drinking" on the weekends and never drank alone because, well, that's something that alcoholics do. ha. so after going through a really rough situation around age 24 i started drinking at home and at first it worked so well because i normally wake up in the morning with this feeling of impending doom, but the vodka and oj seemed to take that right away! well, about a year and a half later of hell with this i am trying to stop. i'm on day 3 of my millionth attempt at sobriety. i know i should get medical help, but the only place around here who accepts non-insurance cases is the state psych ward...which i've heard horror stories about. i know what you mean about the symptoms: i'm shaking, extreeemly aggravated, and my head feels like it's in a fog. ANYWAY, sorry for the long ramble...i'm new here too and just wanted to let you know i relate.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

You can do it! You've made it this far, which is great. Find something to occupy your time that doesn't tempt you to drink. People have posted messages here with a list of 100 or more ideas on things to do, many of which you can do by yourself. Your body and mind need significant time to heal. Not just 5 days. You may feel better now, but you are not better. Remember that you just went to the ER thinking you might have damaged your heart from drinking. If that is not a wake up call, I don't know what will be. I hope you still have the blood work done.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
jh1

I feel ya need2, we got time on our side. I just gotta occupy my time-i wont drink during the day unless im already in a binger from the night before, its the nights i gotta worry about but Im just gonna take it an hour at a time...if i drive by my normal spot to get some wine, or like you said screwdrivers, im gonna think about something really stupid i did because of booze, and drive right on past-tho i know its easier said than done. IDK, i have a positive look on the situation even though i know im going to have to lead a somewhat different life, maybe a little more boring for the time-but HEALTHIER, more responsible, and eventually so much more satisfying. I gotta find some late night fun thing to do....im thinking about going back to working out at night like 10pm instead of in the day. I think that could help me a bunch. Anyways, lets do it bro.
Ralph thanks again for the encouragement, yea im still feeling pretty spacey, lightheaded today still and i know im not going to feel good when i get passed that certain number of days where my body usually expect alcohol, which will be this whole week, but i still feel bad from last weeks binge. And yea ill never forget the ER day, sobering reality. Ive been monitoring my blood pressure and from the sole reason of alcohol i have a high bp. I dont eat that bad, i exercise, am not overweight and still am bring in number like 65/75-145/165. Im bringing in 145/165 consistently which is sad because its all because of alcohol. For that reason alone you would think is motivation enough. And yea ralph Im planning on prob going to get a blood test wednesday-need to anyways because it will tell me a lot of things going on. It was a relief though to have EKG, heart xray to come back normal.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
MMORPG's = my guilty pleasure.

Hi JH just wanted to say good luck and congratulations on the time you've already spent sober! Today is day 1 for me, and it's already rough :praying
I am not a binge drinker though, I just drink every night till blackout. I have never lost control of myself like this and it's an awful feeling.
I know we can do this! We deserve to treat our bodies better and to be happy. I can only speak for myself but I have gotten to the point where I couldn't wait for night time so I could drink and yet dreaded it at the same time. Waking up to go to work is hell.
Let's take it one day at a time and keep telling ourselves that we are worth it!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
jh1

Thanks shell. Idk how you pull off the drinking and getting up early for a job. For me im in between graduating and getting a job so i have more free time than i need. But i remember back when i worked or even went to school, when i drank the night before days were soooo horrible-especially work. So i rarely would drink nights before work-i need a job bad, ha-will help a ton. I remember once had to work after a 4th of july, my boss said i smelled like a bar the whole day, ha, sad. Yea, i know you can do it too. I really want to just set daily goals for myself and hopefully before we know it we'll be at like 10 days which would be awesome. Slowly but surely i guess
Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Shell, you can make it. I was hittin' the stuff hard every night mostly by myself, it sucks when you know that by 6 o'clock it's that time. Jh1 way to duck that 40oz man, if your at all like me no way it would be just one. Instead of buying a 12pk I would fool myself by picking up a couple of 24oz, but I always ended up going back for enough to be at least a 12. Last DUI was a trip up the block I've made hundreds of times for "jus one more"
Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
jh1

Originally Posted by staynalive View Post
Shell, you can make it. I was hittin' the stuff hard every night mostly by myself, it sucks when you know that by 6 o'clock it's that time. Jh1 way to duck that 40oz man, if your at all like me no way it would be just one. Instead of buying a 12pk I would fool myself by picking up a couple of 24oz, but I always ended up going back for enough to be at least a 12. Last DUI was a trip up the block I've made hundreds of times for "jus one more"
wow amazing how much we think alike-ive made that trip lots of times also just have been lucky i haven't been pulled over. And to think i used to be so against driving drunk which i still am but now sometimes i cant stop myself-thats another one of the reasons its gotten out of hand and i need to stop now.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jh. I too was a binge drinker, figure i binged every other day or so because my body couldn't handle that daily, I would prob. be dead right now.

I blacked out most every time, luckily I drank at home so the worst was done by myself, but I talked onphone and never remembered who and what was said...

Symptoms I had when I was drinking, which have gone now. Racing heart, back aches, shaking/trembling hands, lips would go numb, numbness in my feet, lots of eye aches, mabye really headaches. I heard that back aches are caused by dehydration but haven't looked it up personally.
All I know is that all of this has gone away and I feel so much better physically.

You should see your doctor, tell him about the symptons so he can monitor them. Also detoxing can be dangerous so make sure you have someone there by you.

Good luck and am sure you will see all of these symptoms disappear with sobriety
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
jh1

sup guys, Yea classical I'm always down to add some friends because i know im going to have to be on here quite a bit some nights because i live alone. It is amazing how many people out there really do have the same habits as me and it feels good to relate. Today for me was amazing. I finally felt enough energy since my binge ended last tuesday night/wed morn to go to the gym-i still walked in with the fog i guess, just lightheaded and just made sure i got through the workout-walked out about noon to the sun shining and felt finally normal again. Thank god. Now is the hard part, I realized how hard getting to two weeks, a month , etc. is going to be when alcohol is so easily accessible any time. Us alcoholics have a nasty part of our mind that loves to play tricks on us, and as time goes by has us forget all the shittty things we've done to our bodies and other people and how we have felt after. Its a nasty trick, and usually gets the best of me, but im gonna fight it tough this time.