Notices

Me and an empty vodka bottle...i ain't normal

Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd forgotten about doing this. If I noticed there was even a few drops left in a bottle before I threw it out, I'd collect them in a shot glass to have that night when I was getting drunk. I'd also drink all the melted ice in my glass in case there were in alcohol left in there. I wouldn't waste even the tiniest amount. I'm struggling with cravings tonight and its good to look back at the madness of what I used to do and remember why I need to be sober today.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

God can I so relate to that!!! I could never understand either how someone could order a drink and not finish it. What a waste. Then there was me that would finish all my drinks the day after while still warm or watered down, who does that? AN ALCOHOLIC!!!! ME!!!! Sheesh!!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Doll! Hang in there, it does get better hon. Try to keep yourself busy so that you don't have time to sit and think about those cravings. Clean house, cook, read, shop, go to a movie, hit a bookstore or coffeehouse, hang out with family or friends, hit an AA meeting, pamper yourself with a hot bubblebath, manicure or pedicure. Best of all hang out on here with us!!!!!

With time it will get easier if you find substitutions for drinking.

Hugs,
Kellye