Notices

hello

Old 12-09-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

I am actually just visiting here, I am a wife of an alcoholic who has been in rehab a number of times, jailect..and relapse is the main issue.I am just trying to learn I guess- right now he is blaming me (which I know better of course) for hisdrinking- I guess it helps me to hear the side of the alcoholic as well- my anger is becoming so great,almost comparing to his- I just want to be able to see the other side.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am a daughter of someone who has been in AA for 40 years and was the child of an alcoholic that never got help and died young. From what I understand from my father, what you are describing is classic alcoholic behavior. Picking fights so they can leave and go drink and then blame their spouse is not uncommon. One thing I know is that no one can make you stop until you are ready. I hope things get better for you.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry to know you are in this situation...

I used Al anon when I was dealing with
2 of my childrens various addictions.

Bessings to you and your family
Old 12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

It's a disease that has them by the soul. They will do anything and everything for it. Just when they think they are okay, it comes back to bite them in the arse. Even if they want it more then anything it's very hard for them to stay sober. The disease creeps up and gets them thinking 'maybe just on to see if I can handle it'
It is a NEVER ENDING battle. I've seen a few recover and I've seen some die. More die then get sober sadly.
There isn't much in their mind but 'when can I get my next drink'........if you stand in the way then you are the bad guy.
What is it that you exactly want to know?
I'm glad you are here. Please keep coming back and join us here at Friends and family members of alcoholics. Great insight there as well.
Stubborn1,
ps. Im married eight years to a recovering alcoholic have have three young children from him. He's recently back in our home not even a month yet.