Notices

Day 12

Old 11-28-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12

Hi all. Made it though Thanksgiving. Doing pretty well. Admitted to my wife's dad yesterday (who has been an AA member for 25 years) that I was in AA. My thought process was the more people that know where I am the less likely I can drink around them in the future.

Feel good today, need to hit a meeting for sure today. Good luck everybody!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Yeah for you! I am imagining getting thru the whole holiday season...how awesome! I woke this morning happy and clear, what a gift. Enjoy your Black friday!
Old 11-28-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! I'm with you, the more people I told the more accountability I felt like I had. I did this at work because at times I travel and it would be so easy to let my disease whisper in my ear.

I'm glad you made it through Thanksgiving. I remember the first sober holidays and they were great! In fact I made sure I would remember the first sober Christmas by getting a tattoo on that day in my sister's living room in front of my entire family (my brother in law is a tattoo artist!)

Enjoy your meeting today and be thankful to know that you have made it through something that is very difficult for some - a sober holiday!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I agree...I've never understood why striving for recovery
should be kept a secret from those who knew us drunks.

Keep in focus..way to go H.D....8
Old 11-29-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 12 days and making it through turkey day! The night before thanksgiving was always a big bar night to go out. I said to my boyfriend that this was probably the first thanksgiving in a long time that I was not hungover. Last year I was so hungover I could not even eat. Now that really sucks on thanksgiving!

YOu are doing great - keep it up!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day12!!!!!!!!!!!!!, YEAHH
Congrats Hughsdad, that is a great accomplishment, holiday can be stressful and put old habits on top of that..wheww...I made it thru my holiday, but easier for me as drinking is not a part of our holiday. so I didn't have that part. I am at 25 days now..
Old 11-29-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Getting through a holiday sober was always a major achievement for me and gave me a lot of confidence - I, too, shared that I was in recovery with my family.

You're doing great HD!