Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

if you are having blackouts, how much can you believe about what people tell you?

Notices

if you are having blackouts, how much can you believe about what people tell you?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tommyk View Post
this is critical information that i must know for certain.

Well, you are in luck because you can COMPLETELY AND 100% know for certain what you say and do from now on, regardless of what others may say.

Stop the blackout drinking = no further problem.

(Are you possibly are making yourself appear like the 'victim' of others, when in fact you 'victimize' yourself through excessive drinking?)
your question........it's both. i am not perfect, innocent, or above reproach.

but there have been times when i was sober and he was drunk and going nuts, smashing the light switch and screaming so loud that his voice was echoing off the bedroom walls.

me sober, trying to sleep because i had to get up in the a.m. for work, and him pinching my ass with a full beer in his hand at midnight.......me sober, him drunk and sharply nudging my ass with his ass while lying back-to-back in bed, twice, just to p*ss me off. then screaming at me for being "hot" and "cold"........
Old 12-02-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

shugaboo I highly reccommend you do some research on domestic violence, it never stops & it always gets worse. BTW congrats on 9 days sober.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i am aware that domestic violence never goes away. i am 45 years old and have had numerous boyfriends over the years and not one ever laid a hand on me until this guy. so, i realize that i have to get away and am working on a plan.

i have my family support, which includes financial support if necessary.

i have all kinds of research done already. i am preparing myself. staying sober is the only way to handle this and thank the good Lord for this forum to help me during these lonely hours when i get home late for work. thank God for computers and the internet for that matter!