Notices

help please....i need someone to talk to....

Old 11-27-2008, 01:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help please....i need someone to talk to....

i am just gonna throw my story out there.....i am almost 30 years old and i started drinking november 8th. i have been drinking about 12-18 beers a day. when i say a day, i mean that it starts from the time i get up to the time i go to bed(and i don't sleep much). i am doing a detox on saturday. i am actually detoxing myself....WITH MEDICATION FROM THE DOCTOR(LIBRIUM), and i am scared. i just wanted to know if anyone out there drank like i do and has made it safely through a detox or done it on there own. VERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SCARED right now! i can not do inpatient, so that is not an option for me. please, someone let me know if yall have been in my situation with the drinking all day everyday. i need some encouragement please :praying
Old 11-27-2008, 02:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
judge only yourself

I am 30 next year and although I did not drink all day everyday I always went on 3 day binges from friday to saturday which still required a detox when I finally decided to stop. Its scary at first but every minute, every hour, and every day that passes life gets better. When you are past a week you will be sooo happy you did it and you will be loving life so much more. Good luck! PM me if you need to.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Librium is a big boy. Take it EXACTLY as your doctor prescribed. Too much of that, and you're withdrawing all over again. Benzos are bad, bad news, if you don't treat them right.

You'll wake up from your week long sleep just fine. The cure is never drink again.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi *shay*,

Yeah you can do it. Fear of what may happen is very destructive. Relax into this and trust you are doing the right thing. You will look back on this time and there will be no fear.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

As long as you were honest with your doctor then you should be fine. I detoxed myself with Librium more times then I would like to admit. Librium is what they would give you if you checked yourself into a detox.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

I'm a codie so I havent been through the detox, well detox in detaching from her if you say.

But I'm here if you need someone to talk.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hit the Librium once myself, and it's the greatest drug on the planet. It will definitely get you off alcohol. It will chill you out for a couple days. It also scared me enough to stay clear of it. I've always been a drinker, never an illegal drug guy, never a pill popper, but Librium or Valium could change me in a minute.

Just PLEASE use it as directed. That stuff is more powerful than they ever tell us.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I replied to your other thread about de toxing alone.
Have you read the link I posted there?

Because of your past de tox/blood pressure problem
it is dangerous for you to be alone and de tox
JMO
At least...put 911 on speed dial.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good luck! i'm on day five of sobriety (not the first attempt) but it feels so good, that it feels like five weeks. i've been crying a lot because i broke up with my boyfriend, so that is exhausting me so much that i can fall right asleep, and also had family in town this week. (sober family!)

so what i'm saying is, try not to be scared, you are so young and have so much life ahead of you. but listen to CarolD, she is very wise and I think her advice is important. i don't know anything about librium.....so research it, ask your doctor questions, and keep in touch with us on the board.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you can maybee try AA and share what you are going through, and get phone #'s they will help you