Notices

simple things

Old 11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

simple things

Last nite in the SR chat room , Dean mentioned simple things and it really got me thinking bout somethings myself , I have a big window the only window really with a view , Out side my window its white and cold but there in the lil patch of yard Is what I enjoy the most , My bird feeder . In the summer time there are a verity of birds all come to feed and bath . Something so simple as wathing them hope thu the grass and on the feeder , Just makes me think how greatful I am to be able to see such a thing , Now winter time is here theres fewer feeders out and fewer birds but i do have a pair of huge Blue Jays that come and go periodicly thu the day . they adapt to the elements and learn to survive on what lil bit they get , I always find myself worrying bout my lil featherd friends and try to make sure they have enuff food for the day . Its just lil simple things like watching them frolic in the snow that gives me an appreciation for what I do have , And that Im able to watch them day in day out and how it makes me smile , What simple things in your life makes you smile ? :thank4:thankg
Old 11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
where the light is

I have two small kids - 7 year old boy, 4 year old girl. Listening to them laugh, learn something new, their hugs and kisses...makes everything so worth it.

Helping others, their appreciation.

Being good to myself...a good workout, eating properly, another day sober...the sense of accomplishment.

It all seems to happen when I have a clear mind...no guilt, no fear of the future, no obsession. Just living life .
Old 11-26-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Hmmm. It's so easy to look for the 'hard' things to appreciate, isn't it?

Simple things.....an ice cold diet orange soda. Remembering ALL of the weekend. Walking outside in the crisp, cool air.....right at dusk. Seeing my kids. Hugging my husband.

Nice thread, E!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

when my son or daughter calls me during the day for a few minutes
or when I get to hold my 5 month old grand daughter
when I get home from work and my little dog Max just jumps for joy when I get out of the truck
Old 11-26-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Feeling connected to God and the universe ...
that deep certain knowledge that each day
I am being the best woman I can be