Notices

What AA gave me TODAY--SOME ES&H

Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
My name is alcoholic&Im a Walt

What AA gave me TODAY--SOME ES&H

I just spent a good 15 minutes making phone calls back and forth between my scooter company and the warranty towing service for my vechicle and at first I was told that my vechicle wasn't under warranty!

Boy was I confused(notice how I was confused and not pissed) so I was told to call the scooter company back and have them call the warranty place so they could confirm that I was still under warranty (why she didn't believe me don't konw but shes just doing her job).

Anyway let me rewind to sunday night when I was on my way home from a meeting and my throttle just quit working (while I was pulling out of a gas station which carries all types of BOOZE) I was calm and knew that my scooter company wasn't open at 10 so I knew I would have to call a ride and wait until tuesday because I work form 10 -10 on mondays!
I just came home called my sponsor and told him how much this situation sucked because I would have to find a ride in the morning to work and shared with him drinking was the last thing on my mind to where 6 months ago I wouldn't have called any1 and would still more than likely be drinking at the house and forgeting my job bc my higher power just shitted on ME(and today I know this **** happens to everyone I'm just very self centered and things like this only happen to me)

Anyway moving on so eventually after as these shananginz of phone calls I'm finally awaiting for a phone call to walk to my vehicle which is a ten minute walk from the house to meet the tow guy. I didn't lose my cool and I was just pouring myself a bowl of cereal and realized that being 6 months sober on the 29th how much I have changed from being 3 months sober and how I grow everyday.

I also realize that my first 2 months in AA I was pretty d@mn misearble and I now that I finally work this program from the time I wake up to the time I sleep I am HAPPY IN SOBERITY!!!!!!!

You could've told me this 6 months he!! even 4 or 5 months ago and I wouldn't have believed it. Only because of AA am I happy with myself and have learned to love myself because the drunks of AA loved me when I couldn't love myself!!!

Somedays I'm not happy but at least i'm "okay" with myself and that's more than I can say when I was drinking or when I wasn't drinking without AA.

If your concerned about soberity just remember that it gets better and before you take that first drink play the tape all the way through or take a drunk inventory and remember the pain that what I do!!! especally when I try to convience myself I just want A drink. A Drink my butt I if you take the top off you know what to do just throw away the top!

Thanks for reading Names alcoholic and I'm a Walt (funny story about that I said that before sharing in my home groups business meeting one nite lol we had some kicks with that)
:bounce:bounce

Last edited by walt55054life; 11-25-2008 at 09:29 AM.