Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

a very bad thing happened to a co-worker because he blacked out

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a nice young man who just started working with us recently drank too much the other night and was completely wasted........a stranger offered to take him home. even bought him water and aspirin for his hangover in the morning.

the stranger robbed him.

my friend cannot even remember if this person was male or female or black or white or another ethniticity.

if you are having any problems giving up the bottle, consider his situation and how much worse it could have been if he had been raped or murdered.

god bless him and i hope he stays away from alcohol.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shugabooga View Post
a nice young man who just started working with us recently drank too much the other night and was completely wasted........a stranger offered to take him home. even bought him water and aspirin for his hangover in the morning.

the stranger robbed him.

my friend cannot even remember if this person was male or female or black or white or another ethniticity.

if you are having any problems giving up the bottle, consider his situation and how much worse it could have been if he had been raped or murdered.

god bless him and i hope he stays away from alcohol.
Sucks, but that sort of thing happens all the time. Google shanghaied sp? and see what might have happened to him a little over 100 years ago.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
Sucks, but that sort of thing happens all the time. Google shanghaied sp? and see what might have happened to him a little over 100 years ago.
don't make me google it just tell me what it means please!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is so terrible! What goes through people's heads? To steal from anyone you are in a dark place. I think anyways. A girl who I went to school with, also a practicing alcoholic, had a similar thing happen to her. She was in a parking lot of a bar at closing time, claimed a guy came right up to her window with a bat and busted her up real good. She had to have like 20 stitches and the whole side of her face was completley busted. Could not even open her eye! Some peole that know her well believe that was not the truth of it, regardless, to be in a scenario where the likelyhood of that happening is scary! Drinking only makes it that much worse. Is he okay otherwise? Was he hurt at all? Wishing you and co worker all the luck!:ghug3
Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shugabooga View Post
don't make me google it just tell me what it means please!
Back in the 19th century, if you drank too much down by the docks you might find yourself coming to in the focsle of a ship at sea, part of the crew. Was how ships were routinely crewed, crew being considered and treated like the scum of the earth.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is a horrible story. I am lucky i drank at home for the past 7 or so years. for I am a black out drinker, who knows what could have happened out there....ughhh..hope your co worker is okay, and hope they find sobriety..
Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pam08 View Post
That is a horrible story. I am lucky i drank at home for the past 7 or so years. for I am a black out drinker, who knows what could have happened out there....ughhh..hope your co worker is okay, and hope they find sobriety..
he is okay. just disturbed. he realizes how bad his drinking must be. i am 45 and warn the younger ones about their drinking....when i was their age, i was not drinking nightly like they are... i was in college, then working a 9-5 job, going to the gym and bikeriding and jogging. we are in the restaurant business so they can all drink after hours for free. i leave as soon as i can and get my butt home safe! i am too old! they stay out until 5 a.m and come to work at 11 a.m. telling their stories. so, now you know, if you get bad service in a restaurant, it's probably because your young server is hungover and is still chatting with their co-workers about their antics! they think it's funny but i just see disaster headed their way down the road....oh, another co-worker got arrested on halloween night for a bar brawl!

who invented alcohol anyway? they should be shot! :chatter