Notices

Brand New

Old 11-23-2008, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand New

Hey all,

Well, I've been sober since Nov 2nd. Been quite a ride. I struggled with the whole "I'm an alcoholic" label for a while, but last night, I made myself say it out loud. No turning back now... I'm looking into some AA meetings, but the closest place I can find is about 45 mins away, so it'll take some preparation, but I'm going to make the trips, at least once a week.

On a lighter note, I stumbled on this site by accident. I didn't know what track marks were, so I googled an image and it lead me here. Weird how that is... So this is a nice place. Between here, my friend (who is in treatment for marijuana addiction), and some good ol AA, I feel good about this.

The cravings are still there, so I have turned to coffee. This is why I'm at 2:45 AM randomly looking up track marks.

This is me, I look forward to talking with you guys
Old 11-23-2008, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi..I dont post alot as you can see but would like to say well done on your progress..if you are like me you will start by counting the days,then weeks and hopefully months of being sober. If you can get the momentum up and look upon every day as an 'achievement' you can do it

best of luck
Old 11-23-2008, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Serenity today

Thumbs up

Welcome, keep us posted as to your progress, thoughts, experiences. You're going to make many new friends, both on this forum in AA, and I think you'll be surprised and pleased at the depth of caring and sincerity of responses and support you receive. Good luck on your journey.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome DRatc. Another Oregonian. Stay strong, this is a good site. You have me beat by 7 days. Everybody here is very helpful and have played a key part in my short journey to being sober
Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

:ghug2 Welcome to SR, you got me by a day, This forum can give you alot of support, so keep coming back...and AA, great you found one.. We must have a whole lotta alchys here for I can hit bout 15 different meetings within like 10 miles or less....geeez....I thought it was like that everywhere. Your doing great, keep coming back!!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck, and keep coming back. You made a big step. You don't have to turn back -- there is help and love for you in recovery.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR and our newcomers forum!:ghug
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

.....DRatc
Welcome to SR

Many times...you can find AA meetings on campus.
That might be worth looking into.

Keep in focus...good to see a new member
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcolme to SR, it is a GREAT place.

Here's a list of meetings in Corvallis, OR

A.A. Meetings Oregon

Looks like there are a few, hope that helps.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-23-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! We're glad you are here...please keep us posted on your journey! Don't be afraid to ask questions...I know when I was in early sobriety, I had all these questions floating around in my head and between aa meetings, my sponsor and forums such as these have found the answers I was looking for. I too have to travel a long distance to meetings, the closest being a 40 minute drive one way but I get there as many times as my work schedule, family schedule and the snow allow. As much as I love these internet forums and chat rooms there is nothing like the face to face interaction for me...I need to see people's faces as they are sharing. Thanks for being here...you all keep me sober...one day at a time! In love & peace! Lisa
Old 11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Laurie,

Thanks for the link. When I looked on AA.org and none of these were listed. I found one for "beginners" on Thursday. I let you guys know how it goes.

So far so good. Sunday night was a little rough. Had this desire to drink like no other. Kept telling myself, "Just one. That's all." It's uncanny, how I just thought of all the stuff I read on AA's website about one turns into ten drinks. I thought about it and realized that if I had one, it wouldn't do anything.. so I'd want two or three more just to get a good buzz... and two more etc. Talked a lot with my girlfriend (she's clean, drank once in her life!) and got through. Drank a lot of coffee last night
*Sighs* One day at a time...
Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

welcome and keep coming back with us

Tommy