Notices

Day 4

Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hi all. 4 days down (unless something goes terribly wrong between now and 11pm). I went to a meeting today and have gone every day since my last, and probably most terrifying, binge. Thanks to everyone for their support. I definitely need it. I am going to go to any lengths this time to stay sober. I WILL NOT drink tonight. 24 hours at a time.

thanks all!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, hughs dad. You've been in my thoughts.

Keep hanging in there, minute-by-minute if you have to. You're doing good. Rely on your support until the support comes from within. It gets better and easier.

Be good to yourself. And don't give in!

Big hugs,

Donna
Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work =) God Bless~
Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Remember...you are Not alone, and you are doing great. Sometimes I have to do it one hour at a time, even one minute at a time. You are in my prayers.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hughs dad View Post
I WILL NOT drink tonight.
That always helped me. Sleep was like 8 effortless hours of sobriety. Sometimes I'd fight a drink all day, and I'd tell myself, "If I can just stay sober until I go to sleep, then I'll wake up sober tomorrow!"

Glad you're sober!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Hugh, keep up the meetings, pray even if you feel you are praying to nothing. Get some phone numbers at those meetings, go out for coffee with some folks after the meeting.

Some of the best advice I was ever given for early sobriety was given to me by my councilor in detox my last day when I was explaining to him that "Yes I am going to go to AA meetings and get a sponsor, but there is no way I can do 90 AA meetings in 90 days. I work full time and I am married with kids."...... He then asked me to simply agree to commit spending as much time on my recovery as I did drinking......... I agreed to that and did just that. Amazingly enough I did way more then 90 meetings in 90 days and actually spent more quality time with my family then I had in years!!!! Did I mention I also stayed sober and was actually happy being sober?
Old 11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great Stuff!