Notices

another one....worse every time

Old 11-22-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can relate to all of you. It wasn't so very long ago that I was there. Those benders, 2, 3 then 7 days, then detox hell. Night sweats, shakes, tightness in my stomach so tight I could not breathe, edgy, the bones in my legs felt like splintered steel. I could not sit still, so I would walk the road in the wee hours of the morning to try and relax, hot showers, etc.

Do you want to get sober to feel well until the next bender or do you want to stay sober? I know how that temptation feels and just READING what you guys are posting here helps me to remember all of those things and I don't want to go back.

If you don't remember anything, try to remember this much. Your disease is progressive and you are in a very advanced stage of it. I really feel your pain, but it does get better.

Go to meetings and don't drink. Don't think that you are healthy after 5 days because you are not. You've just survived one of the alcoholic nightmares that many of us have had to go through, some many times.

If you really want to get a grip on your recovery, read some of the postings on what it's like to recover at the top of this forum, from day to day and week to week. There is some pretty good stuff in there.

Hang in there...don't drink, go to meetings, come to this site, go out and eat, do things for your physical health, etc.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimmy2K63 View Post
I can relate to all of you. It wasn't so very long ago that I was there. Those benders, 2, 3 then 7 days, then detox hell. Night sweats, shakes, tightness in my stomach so tight I could not breathe, edgy, the bones in my legs felt like splintered steel. I could not sit still, so I would walk the road in the wee hours of the morning to try and relax, hot showers, etc.

Do you want to get sober to feel well until the next bender or do you want to stay sober? I know how that temptation feels and just READING what you guys are posting here helps me to remember all of those things and I don't want to go back.

If you don't remember anything, try to remember this much. Your disease is progressive and you are in a very advanced stage of it. I really feel your pain, but it does get better.

Go to meetings and don't drink. Don't think that you are healthy after 5 days because you are not. You've just survived one of the alcoholic nightmares that many of us have had to go through, some many times.

If you really want to get a grip on your recovery, read some of the postings on what it's like to recover at the top of this forum, from day to day and week to week. There is some pretty good stuff in there.

Hang in there...don't drink, go to meetings, come to this site, go out and eat, do things for your physical health, etc.
Good post......I am fully aware that I am far from a social drinker, I am a serious alcoholic, because 3-12 day benders, dui's, detoxing, job/women problems due to drinking classifies as serious in my book. My main thing now is remembering the BAD things that alcohol has done to me, not the good FEELINGS it temporarily gives me.

One day at a time.....I am learning.