Notices

Confronted My Fear And Survived!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Confronted My Fear And Survived!

I have been sober for 4 weeks yesterday. Last night a bunch of friends were going out to dinner to celebrate a 40th. Not bad, since it was a byob. Afterwards we were going to head down to bar we all hang out at, guess you could say my boyfriend and I are "regulars". Well, the last time I was there was also the last time I drank. I got real drunk, blacked out a considerable part of the night, would not leave with my boyfriend, etc etc etc. You know that routine. Wake up in the am like- whoa, how did I get back home, what happened, etc etc. And that was the last time I was there. I was very nervous going back since I did not remember the events. by the way, a friend of ours drove me home in case anyone is wondering. Well, you know what, being around all my friends and people who care about me last night, the nondrinking and the past events eventually faded into the background and was not such a big deal. I had a good time talking with my friends and drinking my club soda. And WOKE UP THIS MORNING FEELING TOTALLY GREAT! I am so glad to have been able to confront that fear, it felt good. I did feel like some of the workers there were maybe looking at me funny but you know what, could have been my own paranoia. And I cannot change the past just move on!

I JUST HAVE TO SHOUT OUT THAT I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
where the light is

Awesome!

I find that in my head, I always make these things worse than they are. I do have the strength to get through it and it is never as bad as I thought (usually end up enjoying myself). Confidence builds after a while. And I'll never get tired of those hangover free mornings!
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

good job Bstto, anything is possible if you want it bad enuff
Old 11-09-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

By not drinking....
my Blackout paranoia vanished.

Good to know you continued your sobriety
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Way to go!
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I give you 2 cheers for that one. (There's a reason they put the cheerleader at the bottom of those smileys. LOL!)

That is great that you enjoyed yourself and were sober the whole night. I hope you remain that determined, but if you don't just make a plan so you have an exit in case of fire. If you know what I mean! Congratulations again!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

It took me a year to try and go to a club without drinking, then again a year after that. Excellant job. You are tougher then me. Kudos.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I did have a plan. My boyfriend had told me that anytime I had wanted to leave would have been fine with him. of course, if he didn't want to go, i would have just left without him. Some things are just more important!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bstt03 View Post
I did have a plan. My boyfriend had told me that anytime I had wanted to leave would have been fine with him. of course, if he didn't want to go, i would have just left without him. Some things are just more important!
Sorry bstto3. I didn't see that in your post. Glad you had a plan.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had not put it in my post Horselover, so no need to apologize. I just wanted to let you know that I had one! Thanks again!