Notices

Need support please

Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nomo did you ever win your unemployment comp claim?
Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Thinking of you....praying for answers to your situation.

Very impressed that you are choosing to face this sober. Awesome.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I thought I had replied to this thread, but it seems I didn't. Just what to lend my support and positive thoughts your way.

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Paul...Mega and all my best wishes
for a positive outcome.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Back, yes I did thankfully!

Paul, thank you for that.

Doing better this morning. Thanks again.

xo
Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ago

heya kid, just saw this thread

I'm right there with you, it's F'ing tedious

you know, that whole "he will always care for you if you stick close to him and do his work well" spiel thing?

well why's "he" gotta let me get down to buying coffee with nickels then that bastid? i mean WTF man?

wanted to buy: A new God, preferably one that likes fast cars, loose women, and has more money then G..o.....wait....no...that doesn't work.....

It's like, I know it will work out, it always has, but cmon man, I don't need another AFGO ( another F'ing growth opportunity)

"It will be OK" but "In the meantime it's a mean time" ...../sigh...I am now officially an expert on AA hallways, I could run a reality show for "hallways" we could decorate them. i'm onna throw hallway parties..I mean If we spend so many time in "hallways" they should be a little nicer you know? (doors open, and doors close but the hallways are a b1tch for those that don't know that one)

Seriously though, it can be tedious, especially when you have real fear about real things and some Bozo with 2k with 2k in his pocket is telling you to "turn it over" and "pray" and that he has "financial fear" too right before he hops in his Beemer and zooms off.

it's like...ummm....Hey....maybe, if I scrape together some change I might be able to have Top Ramen for Dinner you frickin Wanker.../mutter mumble...tell me about financial insecurity...mutter gnash teeth

truthfully though, I haven't been "dropped" I have come "down to the wire" more times then I can count, something always comes through, usually at the last minute, like ok, this is it, im ending it all...where'd I put that pistol.../searches through the drawers...finds a 100 dollar bill that I never even knew I lost...woo hooo....2 days later, rinse and repeat.

My experience is I'm going to be OK....I don't know what that will look like, and in a year, when everything comes back together I hope to be talking to the new guy nodding and smiling and telling him I understand financial insecurity while I have 2k in my pocket right before I jump into my beemer and zoom off...I'll give him enough money for some Top Ramen and the URL for this post

Hang in there Mama, like my best Girlfriend said yesterday, things are tough for a lot of people right now, and the bad news is you are one of em, you aint alone.

you aren't alone
Old 11-08-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Aw, I'm so sorry that you're in that spot. I don't know what to tell you other than to hang in there. I know when I'm down and out I have to remind myself that if things are that bad, there's only one other direction they can go in. Tons of Hugs!!! :ghug2
Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Update

Called my local social services and am heading there this afternoon to file an appeal. In the meantime, there is an emergency fuel bank which I can qualify for which will give us 100 gallons.

I'm in a slightly better place, though still not out of the woods. Having all kinds of thoughts regarding my program etc. Not going to drink, that, thankfully, has passed.

Karen
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

As a newcomer to both this site and to sobriety, I'm not really qualified to speak to how drinking will not help your situation. I can say that, as a person going through a difficult 8 days trying to escape the bottle, and being uneasy about whether or not I'm going to get there, and peering down into the pit below, that I'm trying to climb out of... you don't want to add THAT to your troubles. However tough it might be for you right now, it'll be harder when you find yourself standing where I am on the ladder. MUCH harder standing further down, looking up at the ladder, and wondering if you'll ever get a grip on it again. It might help to think back on your early days of sobriety, consider how tough that was, and reflect on how nice it is to have that part of your recovery in your rear view mirror.

To your financial situation, would it be possible for your partner to make his cheque out directly to the bank? Would that make it easier for you to qualify for the assistance program? Just a thought.