Notices

Help me to hand it up

Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I am overwhelmed with all your prayers and responses..thank you!

I am approved. I fully expect my employer (previous) to appeal though. I was hurt and surprised by the things she said in her statement. I am surprised that she never verbalized to me these things that she said while I was employed...I do remember her telling me how great I was doing and how terrific it was that I just stepped right in.

I made a statement in response and it is noted that I do not agree with what she said, one thing which was "I created a chaotic work environment". Huh?

I don't understand some people and I probably never will.

Thank you so much for all the support..you guys are a blessing to me!

Karen
Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you were approved Karen. I don't understand what all she did but remember all you have to do is keep your side of the street clean. Hugs
Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
I was hurt and surprised by the things she said in her statement. I am surprised that she never verbalized to me these things that she said while I was employed...I do remember her telling me how great I was doing and how terrific it was that I just stepped right in.
Since she indicated how well you were doing while you were employed there, she probably only said those negative things to avoid having to pay the unemployment.

Also the nature of your relationship has changed. Once you were both working for a common goal, but now she has been put on the defense. Or perhaps you're on the defense. Either way, your goals are at odds with each other.

So I hope you don't take it personally. I doubt her statements are an accurate reflection of your performance.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Karen)))

So glad you were approved. As hard as it is, try not to take her statements personally.

She is focusing on MONEY, and you being approved means you were unjustly let go and she is trying to save face. It really has nothing to do with you...her ego is bruised.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad it went well Karen, don't worry about the appeal, what can they say differently, more lies? Obviously they did not believe the lies this time, why would an appeal make them beleive the lies.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Karen, I didn't see this thread yesterday. I'm so glad it has worked out!

Astro, I appreciated your post. The in between space is so painful sometimes. It's good to try to learn from it.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Very glad it all worked out of you Nomomerlotmamma. I didn't see this post either, but its nice to come into and seeing it had a happy ending. Don't worry, or try not to, about tomorrow. He has taken care of you and will continue to. :ghug3
Old 10-08-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA View Post
I am overwhelmed with all your prayers and responses..thank you!

I am approved. I fully expect my employer (previous) to appeal though. I was hurt and surprised by the things she said in her statement. I am surprised that she never verbalized to me these things that she said while I was employed...I do remember her telling me how great I was doing and how terrific it was that I just stepped right in.

I made a statement in response and it is noted that I do not agree with what she said, one thing which was "I created a chaotic work environment". Huh?

I don't understand some people and I probably never will.

Thank you so much for all the support..you guys are a blessing to me!

Karen
Last year, my Dad was diagnosed with cancer, then,..my grandmother died,...then four months later, my Dad died. Both times I was granted bereavment time by my employer. In between the deaths, I fell off a ladder at work and the Dr. they drove me to, kept me off work for two weeks on workers comp. Other than these issues,...I had never missed a day of work or been late. I worked for the company for 2 years. January of 2008 rolled around and they called me into the office and told me that I needed to give the company back my upcoming vacation time as payment back to them for the time I took off the previous year. And the time my vacation hours didnt cover,...I was to then come in weekends to make up the difference. I told them to get bent. Told them that I dont have to pay back bereavment time or workers comp. It was an ultimatum and I didnt agree. So I left. They opposed my unemployment and took me to two seperate hearings and LIED through their teeth. The guy told the judge that I had threatened four peoples lives during my employment. The judge said "Why would you continue to employ someone who went around the job threatening people?" He asked for documentation and he,..naturally,..could provide none and then they called my immediate supervisor in as a witness for the company and he came in and completely told a different story. It was almost as if they hadnt prepared for a single moment before the hearing. Needless to say,...I won and then they appealed that decision and took me to ANOTHER hearing,..........which they never showed up to. I won that one by default.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Karen....we always have of you
Glad the government has too!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karen,

I'm glad that you got approved.

It sounds like your ex-employer was not good at communicating with you. I'm sure you will find a better job soon!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

glad you had a positive expereince in the results of the hearing. I did too when i was in that position...found the "judge" to be very good at seeing through the bs of the corporations team of legal begals!!!!!