Notices

Second Day Sobriety

Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Second Day Sobriety

Hi,

I am 33 yo and have been an alcoholik for 6 months. I get dumped from my fiancee before it started. I will probably lose my successful job tomorrow.

I need some moral support and advises as I need help. I am feeling very bad mentally and physically.

I will meet my employer tomorrow, get fired and find AA meeting.

Thank you!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your second day, and welcome Economist.

It sounds like you are ready for a fresh start in life. It isn't easy, but it sounds like you have a good plan. If you can handle going without a drink for 1 day, you can enjoy long term sobriety. One day at a time we can get better. AA is a great place to find support, and a program of recovery. I hope you find recovery.

Please let us know how it's going.
chip
Old 10-05-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Hi Economist and congrats! You are in for a wonderful ride.
Welcome to SR!
You are very blessed. I am also from SD and we have some AMAZING meetings and recovery here. And in my community, we have SO much fun in sobriety!
This is a very exciting time for you. Get to as many meetings as possible and no matter what, do not pick up! The miracle will happen, just don't leave before it does!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I know this isn't easy, but you can recover and move forward. If you makes you feel any better, I lost 3 different jobs due to my drinking. I have been at my current job for nearly 4 years. You can overcome this.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I will meet my employer tomorrow, get fired and find AA meeting.
Even if you keep your job....you still need to
quit messing up our future.

Yes...AA is an awesome adventure.
Just go and listen to a few meetings.

Good to see you again...
Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Economist -

Can you clarify by what you mean by "been alcoholic for 6 months"? I hope whatever meeting you get to tomorrow that you can get clarification on what makes a person an alcoholic. (I am not saying you do not have alcoholism - just the 6 month thing raised my eyebrows, that is a really quick timeframe to run this game out..)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Economist,
Glad you have found SRF where you will get lots of support and know that you are not alone. You can get through all of this. Please keep posting and Keep Coming Back!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR, simply listen at the AA meeting at first, or possibly share what is up right now, talk to folks one one one before and after the meeting. There is a life you never dreamed possible in recovery, to find it is not always easy, but it is there if you work for it and let people help you along the way.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pull your act together!

Hi Economist!

I'm 34 and a philologist... been an alcoholic since my early teens. 6 months might be only the interval you have felt your drinking got madly outta control. This disease creeps stealthily into you long before you might even be prepared to suspect your alcoholism. Do you need a drink in the morning? Do you get shaky if you quit abruptly? You know, classic stuff... So I can't believe this has been happening only in the last 6 months. Nor do I believe that your employer will fire you. Actually I pray that he/she doesn't. You sound like a quality guy, capable of earning one's trust back again even after making a pig's ear outta some business. Focus on not drinking today! Thinking you might get fired tomorrow sounds like a very dangerous trigger.

Best of luck in sobriety, and hopefully with your career!
Goob
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Economist!

Congratulations on your first few days sober! How did your conversation with your employer go today?