Notices

tomorrow is 2 weeks!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
judge only yourself

tomorrow is 2 weeks!

Friday and saturday I faced truly ferocious cravings. I have to be honest it was brutal. But I am beginnning to realize that my cravings hit hardest on those 2 days. I think because everyone around me is talking about their drinking plans for the weekend and because I have little to no commitments to keep on those days.

Through sheer willpower (and the help of this site) I was able to keep all alcohol at bay. Instead I did a 10 kilometer run today and indulged in my friends home made tacos (a rare meal here in japan).

Its weird, because later I still hung out with people who were drinking, but once in that environment I was completely uninterested in drinking. Its like my mind got more excited imagining how fun drinking would be but when I actually saw it in action I was completely content to stay sober.

I guess everyone is different when it comes to what triggers cravings. I do have a wild imagination so perhaps it plays a huge role in creating a fantasy land where alcohol is fun.

Not only is this a journey in staying sober, but I suppose I am really getting to know myself better in the process as well.

Also I must mention that this breaks my old record for staying sober and I am now excited about reaching my first month.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Excellentt progress....
Old 10-04-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Two weeks is cool Gantz

and tacos

Ed
Old 10-04-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gantz View Post
Friday and saturday I faced truly ferocious cravings. I have to be honest it was brutal. But I am beginnning to realize that my cravings hit hardest on those 2 days. I think because everyone around me is talking about their drinking plans for the weekend and because I have little to no commitments to keep on those days.

Through sheer willpower (and the help of this site) I was able to keep all alcohol at bay. Instead I did a 10 kilometer run today and indulged in my friends home made tacos (a rare meal here in japan).

Its weird, because later I still hung out with people who were drinking, but once in that environment I was completely uninterested in drinking. Its like my mind got more excited imagining how fun drinking would be but when I actually saw it in action I was completely content to stay sober.

I guess everyone is different when it comes to what triggers cravings. I do have a wild imagination so perhaps it plays a huge role in creating a fantasy land where alcohol is fun.

Not only is this a journey in staying sober, but I suppose I am really getting to know myself better in the process as well.

Also I must mention that this breaks my old record for staying sober and I am now excited about reaching my first month.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I know ya didn't ask, but I'll say it anyways. It is probably not a good idea to hang out with drinking folk. Like the old timers say, if you hang out in the barbershop long enough you'll end up with a haircut. If I want to remember how bad active alcoholism is, I merely need to come here or go to a meeting.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
judge only yourself

thanks guys from here out I hope it only gets easier, but even with that said I am feeling amazing compared to 2 weeks ago
Old 10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am 16 days, cheers mate
Old 10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

congratulations on the two weeks!