Notices

Time for Life

Old 10-03-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time for Life

Have you ever considered how short our time on this earth really is? Yes, I know that there are situations and events that seem to stretch forever, particular those that are unpleasant and painful and those that are full of joy and promise. Nothing can change the span of time each person is allotted and the sooner one understands the value of time the more prosperous that person is.

Now that I have given up my old life; a life foolishly wasted in the pursuit of another drink, another woman and another moment of escape, I have come full circle to see the beauty of a life well lived without the crutches of the past and look forward to the challenges of life's new discoveries.

Life is that exceptional gift of learning and exploration. For years, I placed myself on the outside of the mainstream of life, believing in my self-manufactured pain that life had rejected me, when in fact I had rejected life. While I sought to relieve the pain of my circumstances, I willing chose again and again to move away from the life giving embrace of hope and closer and closer to the depths of despair.

And time moves on. Yesterday, I was but a boy, gazing out of my bedroom window gazing at a road that weaved its way to a future most unknown. Today, I am older and no less astonished at the possibilities that life offers freely as I travel new roads in this happy journey. Was it all a waste, all the missteps, all the pain, all of the experiences? No, it was my life and regrets serve nothing as I look for the beginning of another new day.

What did I learn; move away from despair and grasp the hope of tomorrow. There is time to live, if one truly wants its gifts.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Appreciated reading this early this morning. Thank you for posting it.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah Rufus

Life is short and the gifts are there to be found by the willing

Like that,

Ed