Notices

Good Lord Help Me!!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey there Teams, and pleased to "meet" you.

No, your life is not completely lost. My grand-sponsor had a life much like what you describe. He lost more than you because in a drunken rage he killed his own brother. Sobered up in a federal pen and made a new life for himself.

I currently sponsor an ex Navy Seal. He lost it all too, sobered up, and got it all back and more.

You are only doomed for the rest of your life if you decide to give up. You can choose to live, and you can choose to live without booze just like all the rest of us alcoholics have. It's not easy, but then nothing that is worth anything is easy. You can start by picking up a phone and calling the local Alcoholics Anonymous office. You mentioned that you have gone to meetings before, so you know what they are like.

I'm sober, and got my life back, and I'm not even close to being a Seal. So if I can do it, then so can you.

Mike
Old 09-26-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

My grandsponsor was a seal, I forgot to mention that.

You wanted to be a seal, you busted your butt to become a Seal all the while watching others give up and fall to the wayside.

You want sobriety? Bust your butt for it and you can have it no matter how many others may and will fall to the wayside, sobriety is there for you if you are willing to work for it.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The title of this thread is telling. Good Lord help me.... he will. No matter how many times i fell and cried out to him and begged him and bargained with him and broke promises. Didn't matter. He was always there waiting. I had to go through some bad stuff as a consequence of my actions but that was on me. He will help you. Cry out to him. Grab onto him by the coattails if you have to. Let him lead you but then you have to follow. This road you are about to go down is hard but it's so possible. Many have done it before you and many will follow you. Someday it will be your turn to give someone hope. Never give up. No matter what happens and how much of a failure you think you might be. There are no accident kids with God. There is a purpose and there is hope for us all.

V